morebeer contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pay shipping costs to Panama City, FL vs. pay shipping costs to PC, FL PLUS the $1,800 for the unit? No brainer! I'll pay the shipping ANY day. If anyone wins this and doesn't want to pay the shipping $, just let me know and I'll cover it for you. So long as the "send to" address is mine.
Beers y'all,
Ken

Well, so far I think I got ya all beat for distance...but if I won it I'd sure figure out how to get that baby home!
Thanks for the heads up!

Hmm... Interesting fine print. I'll assume it's a typo. ;)
I also remember reading that you have to pick it up? Yeah I think that's a typo as well (does that make that rule null now? Come on HB Law people, fill us in).

I dont care what's going on that week for me, if I win my arse is driving down there.

I don't understand all the discussion about having to go pick it up. Google Maps says it's 2,474 miles from Decatur, GA to Concord, CA. That's a nice drive through a lot of beautiful country. I've done cross country road trips multiple times and didn't need a good excuse then, I sure won't have any problem packing my bags with a nice brew sculpture waiting for me.

The real question is who's truck am I going to borrow to get the thing home? I drive a WRX, so that's out of the question.

The real question is who's truck am I going to borrow to get the thing home? I drive a WRX, so that's out of the question.

I was wondering that too for myself, but I drive a legacy wagon so I'll make it fit! Even if SWMBO has to ride on top of the car to get it in.

Somewhere in there it says that if you want it shipped, they split the shipping 50/50 with the winner. Sounds like a great deal to me.

I think I got all ya'll beat...

But how am I going to get it in the back of a pickup truck from Concord, CA to Tokyo, Japan!?! :fro: Looks like FOB is my only option...
-keith

Less than 20 miles away and have the pick 'em up truck waiting.
The only thing I do not want to pick up is a speeding ticket collecting
my prize, oh I didn't win it yet oops must wait.

Just checked my email and I won!

an ingredient kit for being the 1000 member:D
now to decide what to get
any recommendations

I stopped by B3 last week to pick up some stuff and saw the contest sculpture... it's all stainless but it was missing 2 pots and a few other items. The only thing i saw that i didn't like was that the HLT platform was not quite level so that the HLT will be leaning down a few degrees. Of course i'm nit picking and would still be quite happy to win and take it home.

Back