Anyone else work hard on the labor day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeepinctbrewer

Reaction score
Worked on my keggle for a while today

image-1194151826.jpg

image-123493695.jpg

I'm working on the last bomber of my dark IPA... tough work, let me tell ya...

Was going to brew my Texas red today but my smack pack was dead. But I got my raspberry wheat kegged and dead guy clone into secondary with 1oz of Amarillo.

Finished up a simcoe IPA a coupe hours ago. Now I'm just relaxing and trying to figure out what to have for dinner.

image-345060426.jpg

image-14278618.jpg

Did my first 10 gal all grain with the new set-up yesterday. The yeast is working hard today.

I worked on the honey-do list today to pay for the fun I had yesterday. Of course, having a few of my Rye Stout in the process.

^ LOL!

Did some cleaning around the brewery, a couple of cornies, a couple of flasks, a sampling tap. No heavy lifting at all. Then Beer-Thirty arrived and I've been hitting the house IPA and watching sports.

Total chill day, really...

Cheers!

Worked on cleaning the garage/brewery while working on emptying my keg of Irish Red Ale.

I kegged ten gallons of pale ale and brewed ten gallons of galaxy hopped blonde.

Did quite a bit of beer "labor" this weekend:
*Cleaned 3 kegs
*Kegged and carbed Pilsner
*Kegged and Carbed Porter
*Cleaned Brewroom
*Brewed a Bo-Pilsner
*Made a 2L 1056 starter for west coast amber
*Made a 2L 007 starter for pliny clone

**Oh yeah..... managed to do some quality control on several batches as well:)

got back from the Cities & put together a dresser from IKEA. I hate going in that place.

My wife hates the place too...brings on panic attacks.

I browse their website, have a plan and execute it. I get frustrated that I cannot order online to pick-up at X-time Instead I have to go to the kitchen consultant...order then go to the bath consultant...order, rinse repeat.

By the end of a visit, I have "paid" in three departments and am sitting in the parking lot smoking a cigar waiting on their 5-7 minute stock pull time. It is always 30+ minutes and I do lodge a complaint every time.

Sadly, their kitchen cabinets and accessories (rail systems and shelves) are the best hing running for anywhere near 150% of the price. Mattresses, too.

Ever hate to love a place?

Did quite a bit of beer "labor" this weekend:
*Cleaned 3 kegs
*Kegged and carbed Pilsner
*Kegged and Carbed Porter
*Cleaned Brewroom
*Brewed a Bo-Pilsner
*Made a 2L 1056 starter for west coast amber
*Made a 2L 007 starter for pliny clone

**Oh yeah..... managed to do some quality control on several batches as well:)

Oh, I didn't know we were counted the weekend! Today, we harvested the wild rice as I mentioned- but yesterday I:
- brewed 10 gallons of IPA
- racked 10 gallons of APA to kegs
- cleaned and tore down 3 kegs, and reassembled
- made a batch of blueberry wine
- rearranged the kegerator, moving nearly spent kegs to the front
- jumped some beer to a 3 gallon keg for the cottage kegerator
- cut a batch of soap

That's about it, for yesterday.

First, my hefeweizen brewed up for my upcoming Oktoberfest party.

ForumRunner_20130902_194643.jpg

Then dinner! Haven't made a beer can chicken in a while so it figured what the hell.

ForumRunner_20130902_194701.jpg

ForumRunner_20130902_175129.jpg

John palmer big basin amber ale. With a few tweaks of course. We will see if mr. Palmer should write books. Joking of course.

ForumRunner_20130902_175158.jpg

The extent of my work today was a bit of homework I didn't do yesterday because I was busy celebrating Labor Day yesterday by brewing a DIPA and teaching my friend how to brew..

Back