What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know right? It will probably be more like "Hmm.. It tastes like an IPA.. But with a stale coffee flavor.

Oxyclean, my friend. Learned that the first time I used the press for beer. :eek:

I assure you, they haven't. I recently astounded everyone with a brief explanation of the importance of yeast pitching rates. These guys are all over 50 and probably gained interest either from prison or something they made in the boiler room of a battleship of the coast of 'Nam.

Nice. I was recently surprised at my first meeting when an old schooler asked me about what water I'd used in the beer I was sharing, but it turned out that he's a BJCP judge, had lived in my neighborhood years before and could tell I didn't use the tap for my Mirror Pond clone. :)

I'm drinking Row 2 Hill 56 from a Russian River growler while I watch Trailer Park Boys and surf HBT. Pint glass courtesy of Weed Brewers/Mt. Shasta Brewery.

photobucket-4614-1351826779034.jpg

weedales.com

Excellent viewing choice. That show is amazing.

LOL..the show was actually playing, so I took the picture coincidentally while Ricky was staring right into the camera.

I love that show. It's sort of cultural too since I'm not Canadian, and have only gone there once.

had to edit for spelling errors, the beer is starting to kick in.

That's good. I heard Great Lakes water will give you Deschutes. Get it? :D

I see what you did there.

I grew up in Chicago, great lakes water works for me.... it's the $hit in the Mississippi that scares me. Do you know what they find down in St. Paul thanks to us up here in the city? I think that'd change the "nothing in beer can kill you" thing a bit. :D

Speaking of beer brewed with river water....

HPIM1301.jpg

Me likey this black Cascadian-American dark IPA ale. :drunk: It's very good beer.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Me likey this black Cascadian-American dark IPA ale. :drunk: It's very good beer.

At a quick glance I thought it said Bitter Negro lol. That may cut into sales a bit. Not everyone has such an unrefined sense of humor.

At a quick glance I thought it said Bitter Negro lol. That may cut into sales a bit. Not everyone has such an unrefined sense of humor.

If it was indeed called Bitter Negro, wouldn't they be better off calling it a Cascadian American ale? Black IPA may be offensive in that case. :ban:

*disclaimer - my joke is tasteless and corny for sure, but it's a beer joke. Nothing else intended. :pipe:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
And now, this:

I second the northern hemisphere Harvest. I bought 20 bottles when it came out this summer. Most of my beer buddies do not like it but I really do. Something about that hop bite I really like.

Just killed some coffee with chocolate caramel cream. Beer & vodka come later...

ditto, sans the vodka... pumpkin spiced coffee! not a fan of the usually, but this one is a good one I am enjoying.

Now... what beer should I.... oh, already thought of it, Abita Turbodog I saw at the beer store this past weekend. :)

ditto, sans the vodka... pumpkin spiced coffee! not a fan of the usually, but this one is a good one I am enjoying.

Now... what beer should I.... oh, already thought of it, Abita Turbodog I saw at the beer store this past weekend. :)

Yeah,that pumkin pie creamer is pretty good. Right now,ice beer & vodka are the order of the day while I wait for my priming solution to cool off. Gunna lay around the shanty momma...& put a good buzz on...every night & day if I can help it...

Finally, got power back at my house yesterday and was able to do some night time chainsawing to clear my yard. Neighbors probably thought I got Halloween messed up. Finished up on the back deck with a cigar and this

titus.jpg

Changed my mind when I saw the Allagash black, Belgian style stout... Its a different taste that I like. That stout roastiness with the Belgian yeast.

ForumRunner_20121102_174831.png

Waiting for my white House Honey Porter to be ready for bottling. In the mean time, I'm consoling myself with Paulaner's Salvator and Smith's Taddy Porter.

My IIPA after 4 days in bottles, lol.
Smells of passion fruit and pine, tastes the same, no head but that will come. My gosh, what's not to love.

ForumRunner_20121102_185830.png

Here's my score from the shop. Going for variety tonight.
image-2992666877.jpg

First up:
image-2009303948.jpg

The Farmhouse Wit from Deep Ellum Brewing Co. in Dallas. Just about to celebrate their 1 year anniversary.

Not bad at all. It's like a hoppier wit fermented with saison yeast or an off-beat spiced saison. It's better than when I had it at the brewery because it was a bit young and had a touch of sulfur. None of that now, though.

I went out with coworkers after work and tried Backwoods Bastard. I wasn't impressed at all, the bourbon was too present to me. Maybe it is my indifference to bourbon but who knows.

Back