Will making and reducing pork stock ruin my kettle for brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave73ok

Reaction score
Hello,
Was wondering this. A friend is having a party, making home made pork stock for some ramen, and wants to boil down 10 gallons to 5. He'll be using bones, meat, and fat. He's asked if he can borrow my equipment to do this, and I told him that would be ok as long as it wouldn't mess up my pot for brewing, which he totally understood.
The pot in question is an 19g stainless pot, with a SS weldless kit.
Is this something a good cleaning will take care of, or should I help find another solution? Thanks!

I just boiled 40 ear of corn in my HLT. Just make sure it gets a good cleaning afterward.

Thanks for the replies. I'd love to be able to help him out, especially since I get to partake.

And boiling pbw in high concentration will even take any black scorch marks off the bottom w/o issue. I'll boil shallow water and throw lots of pbw directly on the scorch marks and they typically come right out.

Back