Basement Brew Pub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to invest in a Monster power center. Guaranteed to protect anything plugged into it (cable, cat6, power, etc.) up to $100,000. For a $200 investment it's worth the piece of mind or in your case save your electronics from blowing up.

You are kidding right? Monster is known to be one of the foulest and low quality electronic companies around. Their quality is just above walmart bargain barrel and they charge uber premium. Do a quick google on the MOVs that monster uses in their products. They are known to use half as many as other lesser prices companies, and often times they are faulty.

If you are using monster as a verb, then you are quite right.

You are kidding right? Monster is known to be one of the foulest and low quality electronic companies around. Their quality is just above walmart bargain barrel and they charge uber premium. Do a quick google on the MOVs that monster uses in their products. They are known to use half as many as other lesser prices companies, and often times they are faulty.

If you are using monster as a verb, then you are quite right.

Wow, I guess I struck a nerve. I agree on their cables that they are way over priced. I did google MOV's and Monster claims the following on their products, "features fireproof ceramic-encased MOVs for superior fire protection. mind that your home theater and, more importantly, your home is safe. All Monster PowerCenters are UL listed."

I guess I like the piece of mind and if it fails and they don't cover my equipment then maybe I'll start a class action law suit against them and put them under, while making some coin. :mug:

Yeah there's no getting any money from those surge suppresser 'guarantee's'

LOVE Bluejeans. I have 3 HDMI runs over 30 feet and use Bluejeans for all of them.

Now back to Bars and Beer!

I've got the Trunk line run. Turns out I over estimated and have 20' extra coiled up on the back room! Too much is better then not enough I guess. It's really not a big deal to chop off 10'-20' on 100 ft run. The 5/16" barrier tubing has such a low restriction (.10/lbs per foot) all I'd need to do is back off the psi of the beer gas a little bit.

Big Hole in my ceiling (the curved black tube is the beer python):

IMG_0468.jpg

Beer Python running down the post of the bar and into the cabinets. This was by far the most difficult part of the run. We had to grease the python to get it down the post and could only move it about 6 inches at a time. It took three people. One to feed it into the ceiling, one to push it down the post and one to pull it into the cabinet.

Once this was done the rest of the run was relatively easy.

IMG_0470.jpg

My collared Keezer. Instead of needing the collar for taps, I need it for additional clearance for the FOBs (foam detectors), couplers, and running the python and additional glycol lines into the keezer.

IMG_0467.jpg

My freezer had a separate cord for the top with no easy disconnect to extend it, allowing for the additional height. So I cut it and installed an outlet to plug the top into.

IMG_0466.jpg

Fantastic! Thanks for posting all the pics. How many cornies can that Summit hold? It appears to be the same model I'm looking at. AJMadison.com has them for under $700 right now, and I'd like to pick up 2 for the game room in the house I'm building. Only if I can get 3 in each though.

Thanks again,

-J

Won't get any more than 3 cornies, 2 sixtels, or 2 cornies+1 sixtel in any undercounter model. Only way to get 4 is to go for an under bar type of kegerator which is 30"+ tall so the compressor doesn't take up real estate for kegs

Brew Room is coming along nicely. 100 AMP sub panel and outlets installed to handle the Brewery, glycol chiller, Keezer, and pumps.

DSC_0027.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted an update. I've been waiting to score a McDantim Trumix gas blender on ebay. They don't come up for sale all that often at a reasonable price. I managed to get a TM200 which mixes nitrogen & CO2 with two outlets, one for Ales/Lagers with a 60/40 blend and one for stouts with a 25/75 blend for under $300

without beer pumps on each keg, nitrogen is a requirement for pushing beer long distances. Straight CO2 would overcarbonate the beer.

:mug:

trumix.jpg

I am pretty sure you should have gone pro with this ;) If I ever open a brew pub - I am calling you to do the finish work!

At least put out a tip cup when friends come..., so you can brew for free. That is the least you should ask for!!

Epic

I've dreamed of having something like this. Maybe one day, but for now I'll just keep on dreaming...

Rvklein, be honest. Every time you enter the basement, you proudly scan the room. With a pleased smile, you place your hands on your hips, throw your head back, and man-bark like Tim Allen. You are indeed building a awesome homebrew pub!

I need to start playing to lottery/stock market. Truly and awesome basement/man-cave/entertainment area.

The only thing that might make it better is if your house was located on the shore line and you could walk right out onto your boat through some big french doors. Either that or you had some high-end collectible vehicles parked in there.

So jealous!

That floor, is that paint or something else? If it's paint that would take forever to do.

I think it is a garage floor tile - I looked into some of this stuff for my rock gym in my 22x30 garage. Depending on the brand and type, this stuff in general isn't cheap. Although based on the poster's thread, I think he has plenty of coin to support his hobbys. I thought my truck was expensive, but it doesn't ahve much on his whip! :mug:

I gotta tell you, You remind me of my husband. Great work, tons of research, looking for the best deal and waiting till you find it. He built an Irish Pub in our basement. It is a bit smaller than yours, but the work is amazing. I'll have to post some pics.
He couldn't find an affordable register either, but he did find an old toy register, all metal. Same look, less cost :)

Very nice!!! You clearly are pulling out all of the stops on this build. Nice work! If I knew then, what I know now....I would have arranged my basement set up similar to yours to accommodate a pub style design with a free standing bar and seating all the way around! I would have said the hell with the extra bedroom, walk in pantry, smaller bar area, and rec. room and left that portion of the space more wide open to accommodate it. I would have still kept my wine cellar, exercise gym, bathroom, movie room, and of course the brewing room, but the rest I could live without to have something like what you have. Still would have stuck with the rustic lodge decor. of course. Now I'm stuck with my little teeeeeny bar area when I could have had that! :( Really, really nice job! :mug:

pola0502ds said:
That floor, is that paint or something else? If it's paint that would take forever to do.

It's actually armstrong vinyl composition tile (vct). It's the same stuff used in hospitals, schools, and dealer show rooms. They have hundreds of colors to choose from. My 40x20 garage cost $450 in materials and it was a piece of cake to install.

Snap together commercially available garage floor tiles would have cost a few thousand and honestly I like a glued down floor better then the free floating floors.

AB-Brew said:
I gotta tell you, You remind me of my husband. Great work, tons of research, looking for the best deal and waiting till you find it. He built an Irish Pub in our basement. It is a bit smaller than yours, but the work is amazing. I'll have to post some pics.
He couldn't find an affordable register either, but he did find an old toy register, all metal. Same look, less cost :)

Thank you and I'd love to see it!

Great set up. Makes my set up look really pathetic. In fact, I just went outside and threw rocks at my house cause I'm not worthy.

P.S. We can go head to head on toy car though?

100_1257-1.jpg

I think you need to consider getting your home rezoned mixed used because you're set up is just too amazing to keep for yourself.

Holy crap. I know that you live near me. I will be stalking you very soon. Your garage is nicer than my house. Never mind the bar!

Back