Oxyclean for Floor Cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do with brewing but a lot of people use oxyclean here. My kitchen floor is old and stained, but the worst part is that I made the mistake of using mop n glo on it for a while. What's left is a dirty grime that I have scrubbed and cannot get off. I tried scrubbing with cleaners and tried ammonia. The only thing that worked is bleach, but I really don't want to be on my knees scrubbing with ammonia.

Before I buy it, would oxyclean work?

I don't think it's going to strip Mop N Glo. What material is your floor made of?

Oxyclean is cheap, though. So give it a shot.

Oxy seems to work best for me on food related items, like beer. Doubt it would help the mop n glo.

From Mop n glo website - Use a solution of 1/4 cup all purpose cleaner (such as LYSOL® All Purpose Cleaner with out Bleach) and 1 cup household ammonia in ½ gallon of warm water. Wet the area with the solution and mop.

It's sad that a product has to include instructions on how to remove said product.

My wife and I installed a laminate floor and got one of the Billy Mays Orange Glo laminate floor products for it. What a mistake! Streaks! And it had to be reapplied like twice a week or it would start looking horrific!

We tried EVERYTHING to get it off. Eventually resorting to acetone at full strength patch by patch. When we started searching for ways to remove it, we found nothing for horror stories.

That product is now off the market.

It's a vinyl floor. I am only renting and hopefully will find a place to buy this year so I don't want to invest in it.

It sounds like I'll stick with bleach because acetone is horrible!

Latest posts

Back