Looking for Tri-Clover fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackheart

Reaction score
We are looking for a 1.5" Tri-clover to 1/2" Barbed fitting. We got a price from Derrin at brewers hardware of $14 each, which is a good price for what he is selling. KLG Stainless inc. on ebay *Had* them available for $6.55 each but does not appear to have any more in stock. We have all the other parts, we just need the TC to barbed fitting!

Where can we find these fittings for less than $14?

We asked St.Pats.... that turned out to be a huge fail.... I mean I understand if you dont want to lower your price, but dont call us liars...

On Nov 4, 2009, at 11:11 AM, Brett wrote:

Hi,

We are building our first all grain brewing system. We are using all Tri-clover fittings. We have the threaded fittings, clamps, and gasgets that will go on each vessel. We do not have the barbed end that silicon tubing will go on to connect everything together. We need 20x 1.5" TC x 1/2" Barb fittings. I see the list price on your web site is $14 each. Is there any discount available for buying 20x at the same time? Thanks!

-Brett

On Nov 4, 2009, at 12:27 PM, stpats <[email protected]> wrote:

Brett

No, we have only one price.

Regards
Don
St. Patrick's of Texas
1828 Fleischer Dr
Austin, TX 78728
[email protected]
www.StPats.com
512-989-9727

On Nov 4, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Brett Martin wrote:

We can get these for $14 from a number of online sources. If you can beat this price we would buy them from you.

-Brett

On Nov 4, 2009, at 1:52 PM, stpats wrote:

I do not believe your statement.
Name them.
St. Patrick's of Texas
1828 Fleischer Dr
Austin, TX 78728
[email protected]
www.StPats.com
512-989-9727

On Nov 4, 2009, at 1:31 PM, Brett Martin wrote:

http://brewershardware.com/SanitaryFittings.htm - 34$ a set for threaded, barbed, clamp + o-Ring or $14 for just the barbed TC fitting.

This seller on ebay,
http://shop.ebay.com/liushide888/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340
was offering us this fitting for $6.55 each. We would be buying this from him if he had more in stock.... We bought all the other parts we needed from him with no issues.

Thanks Sir.
20ea 1.5" Tri-Clover X 1/2" Male NPT adapter, In stock, $6.95/ea
20ea 1.5" Tri-Clover X 1/2" Hose barb, Just 7ea left, $6.55/ea
20 1.5" Clamp, In stock $4.33/ea
Total: 271.45+20(Shipping and Paypal charge)=291.45, Please pay to: [email protected] By Paypal if you like to order.
Sincerely!
Kevin

-Brett

amazing what you can find on ebay.

but no, we never discount.

Best of luck
Don O'Connor, Ph.D.
St. Patrick's of Texas
1828 Fleischer Dr
Austin, TX 78728
[email protected]
www.StPats.com
512-989-9727

Do people try to rip these guys off alot or something?

Ehh its just that a lot of the stuff you find on ebay is priced low because some person got them off of some person who was trying to dump them yada yada trying to clear out space etc.

A legit business can't operate like that. They don't find their supply in their father in law's shed. They have a margin they need to maintain in order to stay a business. They depend on customers buying their supply, not customers buying some extra stuff they had laying around under some extra pallets.

Not to knock ebay. You can find some excellent deals there, but its not fair to compare a business to an ebay seller.

Edit: Sorry if I was a little long winded. This post has been creeping up ever since Forrest/AHS started trying to offer bulk deals, and watching people try and take advantage of him by quoting what they could find on ebay....

KLG stainless is supplied directly from China. Kevin runs an actual business for larger orders here: http://www.klgstainless.com/services.html

and uses his eBay site to generate a bit of traffic and small orders.

I would shoot Kevin an email and ask when he will be getting more fittings. His shipments normally take between three weeks and a month in my experience. He cannot be beaten on price and the fittings are great and come with great customer service.

St. Pats is very well known for being run by jerks. At least you didn't get sworn at or threatened like many others have. Take a search for St. Pats to read some horror stories.

Yeah, Kevin is a nice guy... He only has 7 of the 20 fittings we need in stock... and it was the same story a month ago when we ordered the rest of the fittings from him. If we can get them at that price it would be worth the wait.... just waiting to hear back from him on the availability, its half the price of everyone else. The closer the project is to completion the less we have to keep blowing money on over-priced things like this. We just can't hold out much longer... we want to start brewing!

Got tired of everyone returning quotes of.... thats a great price go with that guy..... so I bought the 7 that kevin had in stock.... He replied with....

We have 1.5"T/C x 3/4" Hose barbs in stock, (just Hose barb OD is 3/4", maybe you can use for soft hose)

I think the flow rate would be a bit to high for what we are doing... and we would have to get the correct tubing.... hrm... this sounds like trouble....

St. Pats is a great place to order from, their prices are reasonable and almost always in stock, but....don't ask them questions, ask somewhere else, know what you need and just buy if you are OK with their pricing . St. Pat's sells to pro brewers and the wine industry , they don't really care about the little orders from most homebrewers, if you understand this , you will be fine.

We asked St.Pats.... that turned out to be a huge fail.... I mean I understand if you dont want to lower your price, but dont call us liars...

Seriously? Why be in business if you hate your customers?

I think I'll add that to my 'Reasons to buy from me': "Because at Brewer's Hardware, we don't hate our customers, we actually like them!"

ROFLOL

Haha true. we are still short 13 connectors and I have no idea when/if they can get more on ebay. We would much rather buy them from you than through St. Pats. I don't think we will be buying anything from them, ever.

St Pats has a definite attitude problem as detailed by everything I have read about them. Decided not to order from them because of that. If they don't want the small orders they should just put a minimum order size and be done with it.

I've been in the situation of doing mostly business with large companies and big dollar value but still had a retail presence to deal with. We were always polite and took the small orders as well. But quite frankly when people came in looking to bargain us down on a $10.00 order and we refused they often got quite pissed off and once in awhile my fangs came out - I apologize! LOL

For a Ph.D. the guy is not very smart.

Seriously? Why be in business if you hate your customers?

I think I'll add that to my 'Reasons to buy from me': "Because at Brewer's Hardware, we don't hate our customers, we actually like them!"

I do not think St Pat's hates their customers. I have ordered from them and the parts came very fast. They are more expensive but have some things you cannot get elsewhere. I use Brewer's Hardware for most of my sanitary parts but he is in the business for us smaller customers. When I had a small business I fired two customers because they constantly complained, not good enough... too much cost .. blah blah blah.... I spent the time that I had to deal with the PITA guys getting new customers. I assume the customers I fired found someone else to hassle. I sure was better off. When dealing with brewering, you should all read John Palmer again. Sit back and have a homebrew!:ban:

StillDragon has some Tri-Clamp stuff but they mainly deal with distilling. I just placed an order for a bunch of triclamp stuff with their US distributor a few days ago. Seemed to have good prices and are expanding their services rapidly. Should have it in a few days. I'll try to post how it looks.

Hope this helps,
Robert
GypsyBrew

StillDragon has some Tri-Clamp stuff but they mainly deal with distilling. I just placed an order for a bunch of triclamp stuff with their US distributor a few days ago. Seemed to have good prices and are expanding their services rapidly. Should have it in a few days. I'll try to post how it looks.

Hope this helps,
Robert
GypsyBrew

Looks like 2" and above. Do they carry 1" or 1.5"?

Looks like 2" and above. Do they carry 1" or 1.5"?

Okay not sure happened to my reply post but will try to respond again...

You know, I'm not sure but I would think they do (maybe not all listed). I am using 2" items/clamps myself. I know their website isn't the best. Us brewers would mainly use items from the Fittings, Boilers/Fermenters, & More drop-downs.
You may want to ask/post questions on their Forum: http://forum.moderndistiller.com/index.php

Smaug (Larry) is their North American Distributor. email: [email protected]

No, I have no connections to them.

Hope this helps,
Robert

Back