Craigslist find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, I see those on CL all the time and it's crossed my mind. That is a crazy amount of volume. I think most people interested in that kind of volume are into conicals and stuff, though.

Well, in any case, if you need to ferment a barrel and a half on the cheap, I don't see why not. Can you imagine the blowoff tube you'd need? It'd probably be 1" PVC feeding into a carboy with 2 gal of Starsan.

There is a brewery in Grand Rapids, Mi that ferments in these with food grade plastic bags in them. The brewer wasn't in to give a tour when I was there but the guy behind the bar was describing them to me. They put the fermenting drums in a temp controlled room.

Seems like an inexpensive way to get a brewery up and running.

Linc

I have a few of those for rain barrels, saves some money on the water bill during the summer, they are used for the garden and hops. I might be able to use them for the chiller when I add a pump to them.

Latest posts

Back