Banished to the garage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My most recent brew, my first attempt at partial grain went well. Or at least I thought. Waking up this morning to a steamed wife and a mess of a kitchen has put me in the dog house. No longer am I allowed to brew in the kitchen. Who else has been banned from brewing in the kitchen?

(out of 8 batches I've had two boil overs....he he)

I'm single living in an apartment.:D Sometimes I leave my boil kettle all funky for days. :rolleyes:

Can post #2 be a thread spoiler? :drunk:

Eh, I'd rather brew in the garage anyway. Hose + Floor Drain = Easy Cleanup. I couldn't brew AG in the kitchen anyway, but even if I could I wouldn't. Your wife is doing you a favor. You'll grow to like garage/outdoor brewing.

i was banished when we got the new SS stove. Its ok tho because now i have 2 keggles and a 15 gallon cooler in the garage!

:mug:The plan worked to perfection! Now get yourself some tunes and a TV and an old couch. A propane burner,Laundry tub utility sink and run a hose. My wife even banned me using bleach since I was getting little white bleached out spots on my clothes. Got some StarSan and everything is all good.:mug:

Ive had to move into the utility room for my brew days, the tarnished aluminuim stovetop that will not come shiny again was mainly to blame along with the rapidly blackening kitchen ceiling . I tried to blame it on the wok cookery but it didn't wash !

I agree that it's a good thing. If I had a garage I'd ban myself from the house on brew days. I hope to start building a brew shack this fall.

My first batch was in the kitchen... Since SWMBO's culinary skills peak at boiling water, I am the master of that domain... And since I don't wanna clean up that mess, I moved outdoors... More relaxed, more serene and I can crank up the stereo in the garage and work on other things at the same time...

I'm actually the neat and clean one in the house. I got tired of cleaning the kitchen the night before brew day, and then finding a sink full of dishes (with the dishwasher empty) when I went to brew.

I actually volunteered to move into the garage. Yeah, it gets cold, but that's the worst of it, and I've gone ice fishing before just to get out of the house, so this isn't much worse.

Hmmm... brew time, 3 to 4 hours. Cigar smoke length, 1.5 to 2 hours.

Some things add up in my book. Garage = good!

Back