Should I or Shouldn't I?- Okra Mead Debacle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I try it?

• Go for it! Tell me how it goes!

• Seriously? The fact that you ask makes me think you are mentally ill.

• Dammit I clicked on another CreamyGoodness thread! ~Chapp

Results are only viewable after voting.
bottlebomber said:
That's frikkin awesome! But you didn't drink enough. You should have had to finish the glass at least. You are at least 25% more Jewish than I had anticipated.

And slightly higher pitched voice than anticipated. :p
That is one of the grossest/best things I've ever seen. Man was that stuff thick!

Needs mo´ boot.
Creamy just two little sips of that mead? I had bigger expectations?! Grow a pair and drink a full glass!:D
I had my laugh thank you for posting! (I reallly need to stop clicking on CreamyGoodness threads:p)

Grassy, warm boot after taste...

On the plus side, at least no one else will ever think about using okra in a mead. Can you say "epic fail"? I think you can. :D

What's the next monstrosity? Blood sausage mead? Liver sausage mead? :eek: :D

BTW, did you just ferment it in that wine bottle? At ~2 months old I would expect it to be rather nasty. Of course, the okra didn't help it any.

Thank you Creamy. You made my night.

I can see it now. Okra slime will be heretofore be recommended to HBTers to increase FG and add to mouthfeel. Not necessarily to good effect.

So, Creamy.... I guess you are elected to do a bratwurst mead?

No way... TSA is not only insane but a ****** bag and not funny at all. Creamy is a nice funny guy, he still needs to grow a pair and have a full pint of his okra mead...but hey nobody is perfect.

Maybe if he filtered it he could remove the slime factor. :drunk: Who knows, it might be drinkable at that point. I vote that creamy does it to find out. We need another video as evidence too. Especially with the commentary from his wife... :D

That guy is just so awful. I spend the better part of each day making sure I am not that awful.

You are not that guy.

Takes guts to put a video of yourself on this forum. I think it was excellent what you did, and kudos to you. THough I think that mead looked awful.

That guy is just so awful. I spend the better part of each day making sure I am not that awful.

You are not that guy.

Takes guts to put a video of yourself on this forum. I think it was excellent what you did, and kudos to you. THough I think that mead looked awful.

yeah... Turds in the bottle came to mind when I saw it. :eek: :D

If you want to do something really bizarre go over to the Got Mead? forums and look up 'weirdomel'... :D There's one person on there that keeps using parts from her old Chevy in meads. :D

I tried to drink a bit more off camera and just couldnt choke it down. I honestly thought that it HAD to have some redeeming qualities, but alas, it did not. I feel relatively certain that it will not get any better with age.

Truly a terrible idea on my part.

Oh man, I busted a gut laughing over that video--best thing to happen to me today. Thanks for taking us along for the ride, and for posting the results online. I still stand by my initial vote...I'm glad you tried it, even if it came out pretty much the way most thought it would. The boundaries of knowledge have been pushed outward, cheers!

Ok, I got the video loaded up, but there is a fair amount of traffic past my office today, so I will have to hold off on watching until lunchtime. After reading these comments I don't want to risk laughing out loud with obscene adjectives mixed in from amazement/horror.

And, Creamy, you really didn't look anything like I pictured you. That's a good thing. I was picturing someone who looked a bit more like Louis CK. Maybe part of that comes from your avatar.

Looking forward to this! I should drop my backup disk off to the bank before lunch and grab some Pepto-Bismol before I watch. Maybe skip eating today.

What you didnt see in the second sip was the fact that the slime is uneven. As I tilted to get a larger sip I had a few seconds of slimeless mead followed by a gush of slime that hit my mouth at once. Unpleasant.

Oy, watching that glutinous gel oooze through the strainer into the glass, I just threw up in my mouth....A LOT!

SickVomitsGagsSmiley.gif

I'm going to stick to my bacon bourbon I made last night. Thanks for sharing. ;)

And you do look a little like TSA, but not as creepy.

Back