lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8016855335_304ccb4dd6_b.jpg

Stage 1 (60 Degrees)

photo.jpg

Stage 2 (65 Degrees)

These two rooms keep at different temps. Total of 6 fermenting liquids:

1. Homemade, fresh pressed local cider w/ spices
2. Raspberry Hefeweizen
3. All Citra IMperial IPA
4. Honey Porter with Orange Zest
5. Strawberry / Rhubarb Berliner Weisse
6. Blue Bottle Coffee Stout

Left to right, SNPA extract clone (first brew ever). Burgundy/ Newtown Pippin/ Paula Red cider. Both hanging out in my ghetto temp stabilizer. In the bucket is a fresh batch of American 'continually hopped' IPA (second brew, partial mash). Been doing the cider thing for a while now, only just learned how much easier brewing is by comparison.

This room of the apartment is a combination of fermentation room and SWIMBO's office . . . she's pretty supportive of most fermentation projects :mug:

IMG_20121014_215400.jpg

Adamjackson nice fermentation room and cellering shelf's as well like it

Is that Uncle Jacob's Stout or the Rumpkin from Avery. Can't wait to drink either of mine. Had a Burten Batten tonight and both FireStone Walkers are great cant make out the rest.

Adamjackson nice fermentation room and cellering shelf's as well like it

Is that Uncle Jacob's Stout or the Rumpkin from Avery. Can't wait to drink either of mine. Had a Burten Batten tonight and both FireStone Walkers are great cant make out the rest.

Uncle Jacob's. Loved the first bottle a buddy and I split so I asked a regular trading partner to send me another. The sticker price on it was a shock but it is well worth it.

The more homebrewing I do, the less IPAs, Saisons and wheat beers I get. Most of the stuff I get now are bigger stouts and wild ales. So it's shifting to just having those two styles and then just brewing other stuff at home the more common stuff.

Roggenbeir sidemouth stout (irish stout oak aged with grape mead) and bigalo green tea mead!

ForumRunner_20121103_214658.png

Left is a big 1.108 imperial stout, right is a small beer off the same bed... 1.047 session stout.

ForumRunner_20121105_015233.jpg

First time fermenting in a better bottle, always used a bucket. Will never go back

Why do you like the better bottle so much.........er, better.... lol.

Just wondering, I'm still fairly new and have been using a pail exclusively.

Why do you like the better bottle so much.........er, better.... lol.

Just wondering, I'm still fairly new and have been using a pail exclusively.

I prefer better bottles because in my experience, I've had some very vigorous fermentations and I think the bottles do a better job as focusing the krausen for expulsion into the blow-off tube.

I've never heard of a properly inserted bung being shot out of a carboy, but you hear about fermentation blowing the lid off of buckets, literally, all the time.

L-R: 5 gallons of Ordinary Bitter in secondary, 3 gallons of Winter Warmer in Primary, 5 gallons of IPA in the bucket.

IMAG2690.jpg

so I see all these carboys. Are you keeping them somewhere dark to prevent skunking? Or is skunking a sunlight only kind of thing?

sorry, n00b question.

I prefer better bottles because in my experience, I've had some very vigorous fermentations and I think the bottles do a better job as focusing the krausen for expulsion into the blow-off tube.

I've never heard of a properly inserted bung being shot out of a carboy, but you hear about fermentation blowing the lid off of buckets, literally, all the time.

Off topic, I have had 2 bungs blow out, both had chucks of fruit get into the air lock making it a projectile.. while pretty cool to watch not fun to clean up

Ok so I would put a qualifier to my statement.... under NORMAL circumstances a bung should not projectile launch out of the carboy lol... I consider chunks of fruit in the primary during high krausen an exception. ;)

Cheers!

here is a week old rausch like beer. Waiting on a keg to empty. and my empty waiting on an idea and a trip to the store for yeast and hops.

DSC00463.jpg

My Christmas Beer (For Gifts), a high gravity Coffee, Cream, and cinnamon Porter, Actively fermenting. It's been three weeks, just about ready to rack to keg for conditioning and forced carbing. Actually hope it's ok had no power for the last eight days courtesy of Hurricane Sandy:( ( I live in NJ) so temps in my basement got alot colder than the normal , normally I keep it in the high sixties while fermenting. But Active ferment stop about two weeks ago so.......

My second tank is cleaned and ready to go...would have been in my lager fridge with a batch of my pre-pro American Pils....but again Sandy.

Photo0720.jpg

The first pic is my Belgian Golden Strong (Shut De Do). It has finished primary fermentation and is very, very slowly crashing out. The second is my Flanders Red, which just started primary fermentation (after about 36 hrs lag).

The final two pics show what the brew belt is getting me . . . 58°F to about 70°F. I want to build a chamber soon to nail these numbers down (I'd have loved 67°F on the dot for the Flanders).

The tag you can't see on the BGS fermenter is here. I'll be naming and labelling the Flanders soon - even though it has a year or more to go . . . at least I can tag the fermenter more fancily.

566617_10152240434610290_40923162_o.jpg

20121106_052106_1.jpg

566943_10152240435615290_1610720228_o.jpg

566522_10152240435420290_2074191482_o.jpg

mikecshultz said:
Paradise honey wit, and Bad Wolf Bay Chocolate Cream Stout.

Love the Doctor Who ref.

Mine are a Christmas Ale in the bucket, and an Irish Red in the Carboy.

image-3456137035.jpg

012.jpg

Left is 3 g of BM's Kona Fire Rock clone and right is 3 g of Ohiobrewtus's Edmund Fitz clone. I have to lay the 3 g sideways so I can close the lid :eek:. Disassembled pens fit in the drilled stopper holes perfectly, and a 3/8" tube fits right over, hasn't failed me as a blow-off yet.

012.jpg

Left is 3 g of BM's Kona Fire Rock clone and right is 3 g of Ohiobrewtus's Edmund Fitz clone. I have to lay the 3 g sideways so I can close the lid :eek:. Disassembled pens fit in the drilled stopper holes perfectly, and a 3/8" tube fits right over, hasn't failed me as a blow-off yet.

You could always build a collar like a Kezzer would have and stand that thing up. Make the collar tall enough like 2x8 you might even get 6.5g carboys

I started this thread and never expected this many pics. Now I feel bad cause haven't brewed in a month. But soon very soon. Great job guys and gals

Latest posts

Back