Surescreen fit on Dip Tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jboggeye

Reaction score
Hi all, I just started kegging!! Anyway, I have a Surescreen so I can dry hop DRIPA and serve for a wedding, but It won't fit. Or should I say, it makes the dip tube pop out a little.
Anyone run into this? Should I cut the dip tube or bend it? I only need something like 1/4 inch.

Thanks!

Cut it.

I have a dip tube screen ,and you'll need to cut roughly 1/4 inch at first and see if it fits. If not, up to 1/2 inch.

Benefit of that, is, the screen will fit, and you will also not be pulling directly off the bottom of the keg. So any sediment that falls out in the keg, won't be pulled up as you serve the keg. Bad thing is, you've cut your dip tube, which can be replaced if need be, and if you cut too far up, you'll leave too much of that good nectar in the bottom of the keg. ;)

But yes, right now, you need to cut the tube. Do it, and label it your dry hop keg, so if you have an assortment to pick through when you are kegging, you know which one is strictly for dry hopping in.

Back