How far do most faucets stick out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing the following 4.5" deep wall attached drip tray:

driptray-13x14.jpg

Once I attach 4 Perlick faucets with shanks how far out will the faucets sit? I want to put the faucets through a a 0.5 - 1" thick block of wood first like seen below and want to make sure the drips will still hit the drip tray.

ventmatic.jpg

I can't seem to find any dimensions online for any faucets!

Kal

My Perlicks measure 3 7/16" from the wall of the kegerator to the front of the spout. The actual drip forms at the back of the spout which measures out at 3" from the wall.

If you mount on a 3/4" board, you should be fine. There may be a small amount of splashing but it shouldn't matter if you are careful.

Perfect! That's what I wanted to hear! The wood will just be decorative and I can make it thinner (like 1/2") if I have to.

Kal

olllllo: That's exactly what I plan on doing, except that mine's going to be in a wall and there wood will be decorative strip of wood between the taps and the SS backsplash.

Can I ask where you purchased the driptray? The only place I've found a 13" wide one with backsplash this high is from northernbrewer.com and just want to compare prices ...

Kal

I just realized another good reason to use a wood offset for the taps: Aren't some of the longer tap handles going to be too long otherwise and hit the wall?

In other words, in olllllo's photo above, how long can the tap handles be if the taps are completely flush to the fridge?

I'd like to get some nice long ones like these 12.5" ones from morebeer.com:

1793.jpg

Do I need to use an angler like this:?

1188.jpg

Kal

Yea. I got mine from NB.

As far as short tap handles, I have to otherwise when you open the freezer, well you're tapping all four at once.

For your purposes, the wood spacer may be helpful. You may or may not need those angled fittings.

Back