Munich Oktoberfest pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Pictures from the Lowenbrau tent:

Oktoberfest2009Day1042.jpg

Oktoberfest2009Day1049.jpg

Oktoberfest2009Day1046.jpg

Oktoberfest2009Day1062.jpg

^^^That was early on Thursday, like 1130 so the tent wasn't packed yet. On Saturday you couldn't even get inside the tents it was so busy.

Horses drawing the breweries' beer barrels:

Oktoberfest2009Day1071.jpg

More Oktoberfest craziness:

OktoberfestDay3andOberweselDay1009.jpg

OktoberfestDay3andOberweselDay1011.jpg

Drinking at Andechs on the Marienplatz. They had hops hanging up too so I grabbed a couple cones.

OktoberfestDay3andOberweselDay1050.jpg

Drinking at the Hofbrauhaus on Saturday, away from the fairgrounds but it was still packed as hell. All the Spanish in the beer haus were chanting like they were at a soccer game.

OktoberfestDay3andOberweselDay1068.jpg

Well, that's about it from Oktoberfest. I've got tons of crowd pics but who wants to see 10 pages of those?

Oberweselday1001.jpg

Right now I'm in Oberwesel on the Rhine and staying in a castle hotel. Great views.

OktoberfestDay3andOberweselDay1129.jpg

OktoberfestDay3andOberweselDay1132.jpg

Great beer, too:

OktoberfestDay3andOberweselDay1104.jpg

Looks like a lotta fun! That's a lot of liters just in your pics.

That Emmer looks interesting, here's the first thing google spit out:
This beer is called 'Historisches' as it is made with a variety of grains, all of which were once used in the middle ages. Emmer, barley, einkorn, spelt and wheat (at least that is what I could translate from the label).
Emmerbier pours a cloudy, amber/chestnut color. Has a mild roasty, caramel/toffee smell. Medium body and creamy smooth. I taste mellow chocolate and caramel flavors. Full aftertaste with little to no bitterness.

I work for a German Company (Rohde & Schwarz) and they have us travel to our Headquarters in Munich once a year for sales meetings. They always have us fly in just after Oktoberfest. I understand why now.

So do people just sit in these tents and drink lager all day or is there stuff going on?

Well, there's a band and they play Oompah music and then the beer wenches serve pretzels but yeah that's about it. I'll put up some Oompah band videos later if bandwidth permits.

I work for a German Company (Rohde & Schwarz) and they have us travel to our Headquarters in Munich once a year for sales meetings. They always have us fly in just after Oktoberfest. I understand why now.

...sounds like a perfect excuse to head there a week early for a combined pleasure & business trip.

Originally Posted by Tonedef131
So do people just sit in these tents and drink lager all day or is there stuff going on?
No, we drink this stuff too.
db90420b.jpg

We just had our German Air Force Oktoberfest two weeks ago.
The goal is to get wasted.
7fb14d27.jpg

eb72a8ab.jpg

All bullets have been replaced with Schnapps bottles.
c0f8cd05.jpg

We do jump around too
3c393efe.jpg

572468a3.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Well, there's a band and they play Oompah music and then the beer wenches serve pretzels but yeah that's about it. I'll put up some Oompah band videos later if bandwidth permits.

Please do! I manage an Oompah band and am always on the look out for new tunes to play. I probably watched (mostly listened) a good 5 hrs or so of live streaming from the Hofbrau house this year to hear what songs they played. I need to find some music for "can't take my eyes off of you"

Ding ding ding. Rochefort, Belgium. Couldn't get into the Abbey to watch the monks brew but we had some beers in town and then some more at the train station in Jemelle. For a train station it had an awesome beer menu and the bartender was cool as hell. He kept bringing local wursts to the table and gave us a free bottle of Orval and Chimay each. If you're ever going through Belgium stop at Jemelle's train station and visit the stout, cheerful Belgian bartender with the mullet.

Some pix from the station:

the menu

JemelleRochefortBelgium038.jpg

some local brews made about 2 km away from Jemelle

JemelleRochefortBelgium034.jpg

JemelleRochefortBelgium036.jpg

JemelleRochefortBelgium032.jpg

dude so whats is the story with your excursion?
i am going to have to pick your brain when you get back..
i just sold my old house, having two on my budget really sucked almost broke me.
but anyway finaly shucked that mother-Fer after 18 months and my ladie declared
we are going on a vaction to octoberfest next year with the money.
we want to start in london and drive to Munic or ride if need be.

and no smart ass remarks from the peanut garlery there is a tunnle you can drive google map it

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...5267,4.152832&spn=10.679986,15.952148&t=h&z=6

How was the selection at the Oktoberfest? Was it mainly mass produced stuff?

Back