First batch is in the fermenter!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfishnc

Reaction score
so, i brewed my first batch this past weekend and it went pretty well (i think). i also created a blog to document the process (as well as other brewing / beer related stuff):

BrewingExperiment.com

no 'major' issues, though i did have a few comedic moments. :)
there is progress as the fermenter is fermenting, wahoo! i'll probably move it to the secondary next weekend and bottle a week or so after that.

wish me luck on the rest of the adventure.

et

Good luck. There seem to be a pretty good fly fishing community building up here

good looking blog there too...

I've just recently enjoyed my own home brew on the stream after a day of fly fishing...

just one question... "I had planned on playing a little Corn-hole while brewing, but staying dry is a good thing too" Whats that mean? lol playing corn-hole is something else where i'm from.

Heh, yeah. The first time I was at a party and someone came up to me and asked if I wanted to play cornhole, there was almost a fight.

I ended up thinking the game was a lot of fun though. Kinda like horseshoes, it gets more fun the more everyone's had to drink.

Edited: What a stupid thing to say. Everything gets more fun the more everyone's had to drink.

just one question... "I had planned on playing a little Corn-hole while brewing, but staying dry is a good thing too" Whats that mean? lol playing corn-hole is something else where i'm from.

It's intentionally named the same thing as "something else".

It used to be called "bean bag", but some genius marketer changed the name to corn hole because the double-entendre catches people's attention.

Yeah, I've always heard it called "Bags" but I have a friend from Ohio who calls it Cornhole. We were all very confused when he first said that.

good looking blog there too...

I've just recently enjoyed my own home brew on the stream after a day of fly fishing...

that's pretty cool. i'm hoping this will be done by the time i go to the beach on a fishing trip.

and cornhole is bags, bag toss, tailgate toss, etc... it's a pretty fun game, especially when you have a few beers.

Every time I see "cornhole" I think of Deliverance. :shudder:

Back