new and improved mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subwyking

Reaction score
well i wrote like a 400 word story about this thing, then accidentally hit the back button and lost it all. im not doing it again. if you have any questions ask please. i basically just reconstructed something i allready had using good tools and an improvised roller. it works very well. we got the idea a while ago, then we built one with very very limited tools. last week i was in oklahoma and was able to use my dad's woodshop to build something better. we also took out the wood roller and fashioned one from steel. here it is.

dsc047861ef.jpg

dsc047852vt.jpg

dsc047886yn.jpg

dsc047878tp.jpg

heres the link that started it all:

http://brewery.org/brewery/library/woodmill.html

Pretty sweet.... do you have some sorta base for it? or are you running it on that keg like that. It just seems that the belt would rub on the keg from the picture and that seems like it would be bad. What kind of motor is that and where did you get it? :D

MrSaLTy said:
Pretty sweet.... do you have some sorta base for it? or are you running it on that keg like that. It just seems that the belt would rub on the keg from the picture and that seems like it would be bad. What kind of motor is that and where did you get it? :D

lol the keg was just for the pictures. it goes on top of a bucket. now that i have the motor on it, i have to use another bucket to help hold it up on that side. i want to get an old coffee table or something like that to mount it on. i plan on just cutting a hole in the table top and screwing it down.

i am planning on making one as well based on the woodmill site.
thanks for the pictures, it helps alot.
did you use a hardwood such as maple or plywood?

Wow, that's awesome! I wish I had the patience and know-how of some of you guys. I usually contemplate projects such as this, but usually wind up taking the easy way out and dropping the coin for the factory stuff. :/

Latest posts

Back