Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally getting around to posting my cleaned up beverage air bm 23. Tap handle artwork is courtesy of my buddy Micah. That's my handy work with the fake lemon for the fresh squeezed lemonade for the kids.

image-3216259105.jpg

image-225580951.jpg

Got the freezer free from a friend. Very quick build (3 hours or so). Nothing fancy.

Can hold 8 pin lock or 10 kegs if 2 are ball locks.

Freezer was not modified at all. Everything goes in and out through the "collar".
The collar can slide back and forth (or come off completely) for easy access to move or change kegs.

Also, the height necessary to lift the kegs is fairly low.

The glass top forces me to keep the inside clean and organized.

Also, when I hook up the temp controller, I wire it into a 2 outlet receptacle. Then plug the freezer cord into that. Fan in the other one.

Do the same with the fermentation chamber. That way, I can unplug the freezer and put in a heater for winter brewing if necessary (my rig is in garage).
I also hook up a fan in the Ferm chamber. I usually ferment 3 buckets (15 gal total) at a time. One on bottom, one on hump and one resting on bottom bucket and leaning against the other. I was surprised how large of a temp differential there was between the bottom bucket and the other 2 (5 degrees). The fan evened that out nicely.

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4295.jpg

3puttpete said:
Got the freezer free from a friend. Very quick build (3 hours or so). Nothing fancy.
Top can slide to the side or even come completely off.

I like it just the way that it is. That is a great piece.

Mark

Top can slide to the side or even come completely off.

Cool, definitely a unique keezer.

That's really nice!

Thanks

Could you show more pics of the inside. That doesn't appear to be the standard keezer setup. Nice job btw.

Thank you. I used a mini fridge for cooling. I just framed the fridge into the box and insulated it. I would like it to cool a little more efficiently though. Prob gonna throw a mini freezer in it next summer.
I posted some of the build pics in the DIY forum. Here's the link:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-outdoor-kegerator-431267/

It took me about 3 weeks on-and-off to get through all ~4500 posts. Finally able to add mine. I still have to mount gas manifold, but it's otherwise finished. Cold crashing and kegging makes a crystal-clear ale that is much easier and faster than bottling. And there's nothing quite like pouring a cold homebrew whenever you want it.

1986 Montgomery Ward Upright. (free)
Automotive paint
Stainless tile backsplash
Carbon fiber drip tray
Three Perlick 525's and two 575 creamers
Chalkboard tap list

Build log here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/mn-kegerator-build-log-417958/

Taped off the original diagram sticker on the back before I painted.

Dual Hinged 7.1 cu ft keeezer. It doesn't have any beer on tap yet, but one is carbing, one is still fermenting and another is ready to brew, just haven't gotten to it yet.

hmgxmKs.jpg

nYpAUSx.jpg

hayn5JQ.jpg

gzsIWtR.jpg

Here's my dog that I tried my best to draw. I'm a chemist, not an artist...

mYc8fh9.jpg

Finally completed mine. I can now proudly post finished pictures!

The collar is made out of oak 1x10s (Full 1x10, not nominal, they were "custom made" :) ). Inside I can fit 5 ball locks and a 20 lb CO2 tank.

xSK8eKC.jpg

40z80ta.jpg

Dual Hinged 7.1 cu ft keeezer. It doesn't have any beer on tap yet, but one is carbing, one is still fermenting and another is ready to brew, just haven't gotten to it yet.

hmgxmKs.jpg

nYpAUSx.jpg

hayn5JQ.jpg

gzsIWtR.jpg

mYc8fh9.jpg

The drawing of the dog is a very good likeness. Oh, and that dog looks uber psycho!

Ha ha, I snapped a picture of him while we were playing. He does tend to go psycho when we're playing, but normally he's a sweet little dude.

hmgxmKs.jpg

nYpAUSx.jpg

hayn5JQ.jpg

gzsIWtR.jpg

mYc8fh9.jpg

Good job on the dog. That pic is HILARIOUS!

:ban:

NYsideshow and count2infinity - what did you guys use as material for the collar insulation?

And in particular, nysideshow, how did you go about securely mounting that board on the face of the insulation? I've got a pretty big reg set to put in my keezer-to-be as well, and it's kind of wide to mount in a segment without insulation. So if I could have something to secure it to in front of the insulation that'd be quite helpful!

Thanks

I love that old Kenmore freezer! That thing is outstanding!

But I don't have something like that to work on so I'm trying to find something to use at the local Home Depot, Best Buy, etc. And all I'm seeing is white freezers. Yet on this thread a bunch of you guys have black ones. Where are you guys finding the black freezers? Or are you painting them?

drewmcdowell said:
I got a lot of help and inspiration from this forum when I was building my kegerator so I wanted to share the final product: a concrete-top, industrial-style, three-tap kegerator. I wrote up a brief guide on the build process here: http://drewmcdowell.com/kegerator Thanks to everyone for their help!

Wow! That is unique. I love the tap handles. The choice of wood compliments the concrete top ( or is it the other way around?)

I love that old Kenmore freezer! That thing is outstanding!

But I don't have something like that to work on so I'm trying to find something to use at the local Home Depot, Best Buy, etc. And all I'm seeing is white freezers. Yet on this thread a bunch of you guys have black ones. Where are you guys finding the black freezers? Or are you painting them?

Some people ordered them black. But most I think painted theirs black. Try checking your local Craigslist because you can find decent ones there too for a fraction of the price. The money you save could go towards the build.

drewmcdowell said:
I got a lot of help and inspiration from this forum when I was building my kegerator so I wanted to share the final product: a concrete-top, industrial-style, three-tap kegerator. I wrote up a brief guide on the build process here: http://drewmcdowell.com/kegerator Thanks to everyone for their help!

Great job - really dig the originality you showed on this build. I'm still figuring out what I want to do with mine - just cobra taps right now.

I got a lot of help and inspiration from this forum when I was building my kegerator so I wanted to share the final product: a concrete-top, industrial-style, three-tap kegerator.

Nice! Your tap handles are still pull to get beer right? I'd imagine turning like a faucet would be strange.

Got mine a few weeks ago from my buddy for FREE!

*edit* Ugh sorry they are sideways. Fail
Nah, the fail is the Red Sox sticker. :p

I got a lot of help and inspiration from this forum when I was building my kegerator so I wanted to share the final product: a concrete-top, industrial-style, three-tap kegerator.
kegerator-final.jpg

I wrote up a brief guide on the build process here:
http://drewmcdowell.com/kegerator
Thanks to everyone for their help!
I love this. Every one posted here is great and I can't wait for a day when I can have one. But this is quite unique; specifically the taps.

My keezer is already in this thread a few pages back, but I thought I'd show it in its Halloween costume..

IMG-20131002-00271.jpg

Nice! Your tap handles are still pull to get beer right? I'd imagine turning like a faucet would be strange.
Thanks! Yep, pull for beer. But I really love the illusion.

I like the rustic look. Do you blow air through the tower to keep it cool?
I haven't gotten a blower yet but I probably will. The foam-wrapped copper lines help but the foam situation ranges from moderate to bad on the first pour.

Back