Any brewers in the laurel/ columbia area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You again!? ;)

There's a MD Brewday group that meets up my way. Not sure what's down your way.

Best bet is to hang out at MD Homebrew in Columbia, I guess.

Nice, you're probably close to Frisco's Tap House too. Maybe walking distance if you're that lucky.

I'm in SW B*more, just across the line from Arbutus. Speaking of MD brew day, when's the next get together?

Does anyone know where I can find the lee county circle jerk I heard they have a great brewery

szucconi said:
I'm in catonsville. Brewing is on hold for now, but I will make a come back some time in the summer.

Yea I kinda did the same thing. I'm picking back up this month

Mknox4354 said:
Congratulations. It is definitely a great hobby that is extremely addicting.

Tell me about it. I'm spending way too much time on these forums. Learning a ton though.

chwayock said:
Tell me about it. I'm spending way too much time on these forums. Learning a ton though.

I know thereciscso much information on here. Sometimes it is hard to stop reading post

i'm from middle river area but work alot in columbia, MD homebrew is a pretty nice store only other lhbs i've been too is in baltimore county the thristy brewer he's smaller store but tom's a great guy with good advice and i try to frequent his store whenever i have time/money

Columbia here, new to brewing as well. Good to see so many locals on the site. :rockin:

BattleGoat said:
Columbia here, new to brewing as well. Good to see so many locals on the site. :rockin:

Awesome man. Welcome to the obsession. You doing extract so far?

BattleGoat said:

Welcome! It's a great hobby. Addicting for sure. I started in February and have brewed 9 batches. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers

We should try to get a group of locals together and meet up at a bar for beers

Mknox4353: Not actually brewing anything yet. Super, super broke college student still doing a lot of reading and putting together a kit slowly. As much as I like beer, I'm still pretty new to it as a hobby and don't drink a ton of it, so I'm planning on sticking with 1-2 gallon batches for the forseeable future.

I do fiddle with liqueur-making from time to time though. I'll be mixing up an experimental run of a cherry liqueur I've been thinking about tomorrow. Gotta wait a few months to see how the final product turns out though!

chwayock: I can see how it would be - as mentioned, I'm not a big beer drinker, but I love the art and practice of brewing and working with alcohol, so I'm planning on getting a lot out of it either way. I will indeed let you know if I need any answers. :)

chwayock: I can see how it would be - as mentioned, I'm not a big beer drinker, but I love the art and practice of brewing and working with alcohol, so I'm planning on getting a lot out of it either way. I will indeed let you know if I need any answers. :)

Not a big beer drinker. Sounds familiar. I love brewing, but I think I have an alcohol allergy. One beer and I have what closely resembles a hangover for three days. I brew 5 gallons more often then I finish a six pack.

Anyone up for grabbing a bite and a beer this weekend? Just picked up the equipment for my first brew (all-grain, no less) yesterday, and could use a chance to bounce some ideas off of a real person in real-time.

Lemme know!

I live in Severn - just moved out here from San Diego. Been brewing for about 6 years but am currently rebuilding my entire setup to go eHERMS

BattleGoat said:
Anyone up for grabbing a bite and a beer this weekend? Just picked up the equipment for my first brew (all-grain, no less) yesterday, and could use a chance to bounce some ideas off of a real person in real-time.

Lemme know!

Yea man just send me a message. I'm not a pro but been doing it for about 3 yrs now. Get ready to be obsessed.

New to the area. I've got a 5 gal AG system and two tap setup. I won't be brewing for a couple of weeks due to a trip I've got planned, but if any local brewers want to get together for a session shoot me a PM.

I'm in Jessup and have been brewing for about a year now. Just starting to make the switch to AG (BIAB actually).

Living in Elkridge. It might as well be Columbia were I'm at. Been brewing for 5 years now.

Currently in Berwyn Heights (aka might as well be Greenbelt) but I am in Laurel on the regular. I've been at it for 2-3 years semi-seriously.

I'm in Elkridge, right next to the Costco & 95

Anyone know of any local Homebrew clubs?

And or interested in doing bulk purchases of grain and or hops?

I am also growing hops currently and would be willing to trade some of the harvest

Live in Burtonsville, work in Jessup. I brewed my first Irish stout in February and now trying to decide what to do next.

Latest posts

Back