Coopers Canadian Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genexxa

Reaction score
Hi,

I received a can of Coopers Canadian Blonde for my birthday and I want to know what ingredients I should use with it?

the only thing I have right now is dextrose and the coopers yeast that came with the can.

And by the way I have all the necessary equipment.

Thank you

Ditch the dextrose (well, keep it around for priming) and substitute the same weight of extra light dried malt extract.

what would be the difference on the final result between destrose and extract malt?

Your finished product will have better mouth-feel (more body) and it won't be as dry as with dextrose. It will all around be a better beer. If you're up for an experiment, get another can of the same kit and do one with dextrose and one with DME. I did this back when I started with a Muntons kit (English best bitter I believe) and the difference was pretty obvious, DME all the way.

EDIT: I don't have the exact number but I believe you want 20% more DME than dextrose. You might want to search to be sure.

Back