AG brewing in a nutshell?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ive been brewing extracts for awhile now, and now Im ready to make the move to AG. With all the sometimes overload of information (a good thing) on here, can someone explain the ABCs of all grain brewing in a very easy to understand way?
i don't want to get halfway into the process and raelize that I rushed the sparge process or whatever...
Thats a lot of time to realize you screwed up; later....

As always, :mug:

Put the feelers out here and on other forums to see if there may be a AG brewer reasonably close to you that may be willing to let you assist on a brew day.

Hands on is probably 100x better than reading about it. I read hundreds of posts and articles before assisting my buddy on a brew day, and I was amazed at everything I would have missed or screwed up had I tried an AG brew solo for the first time.

Nutshell?

-Mash crushed grain in water 150-158 (depending on recipe) for 60-90 minutes (depending on recipe)

-Rinse grains

-begin boil process the same as you would have with extracts.

There are a million different ways to accomplish these tasks.

That's really it.

Back