• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Used pyrex flasks - chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wegz15

Reaction score
I have a number of pyrex/bomex/kimax flasks for sale.

6L, 4L, 2L, 1L, 500ml, 250ml, 125 ml

open to offers and trades. Buyer pays actual shipping.

Pictures

ForumRunner_20120330_131707.jpg

ForumRunner_20120330_131723.jpg

ForumRunner_20120330_131741.jpg

Not sure. The 6l goes for 110 new. maybe $75. 4l $40, 2l $15, 1l $10, $5 each for smaller flaks

Yea. I've been busy with family today and I'm working all day tomorrow. I will have quotes for everyone by monday latest. sorry for the delay

cleared some space. I'm at work all day today so I can't get quotes out. Will get them tomorrow. Again sorry for the delay.

If you have any 4L flasks left, I'll take one shipped to 19403.
Please send me a pm with total and paypal address.

Thanks,

wegz15, I left you a PM over the weekend. Hopefully you got it and we can arrange pickup for the 4L. Thanks!

Why do people choose to use these, as opposed to a growler? Any benefits?

They can be direct heated which results in less chances of contamination of starter wort. They're mostly immune to temp shock so you can cool quickly in an ice bath. Most have measurements so you know exact liquid amounts. Just to name a few.

I paid for 2 of the 4L flasks.

You can use direct heat to heat them but I wouldn't use an electric stove to do it. I did that before and with the element it gets hot spots. That stresses the glass in just one place and bang right on the stove the bottom falls off. Now i use a heated stirplate and all is good.

I paid for 2 of the 4L flasks.

You can use direct heat to heat them but I wouldn't use an electric stove to do it. I did that before and with the element it gets hot spots. That stresses the glass in just one place and bang right on the stove the bottom falls off. Now i use a heated stirplate and all is good.

I have heard of people getting around that with an old pan with some sand in it...

Back