Names of pop top beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wethat

Reaction score
I know a few beers that are POP-TOP, but i was hoping we could get a list going for me and other who would rather drink beer and save the bottles. Rather then buying empty bottles. Please don't just say imported beer i was looking for names and maybe color of bottles. POP-TOP

Just go to the liquor store, look at the caps, and if they read "Twist Off", don't buy 'em.

Just go to the liquor store, look at the caps, and if they read "Twist Off", don't buy 'em.

lol my thought exactly, by the time you have a list a few thousand names long, it will be easier to just look at the bottle at the store than try to remember which ones you should reach for.

There's often a thinner neck and a ridge under a twistoff cap that you can look for.

I've got about 6 cases of tumbler bottles from a few months ago that are pop top that I washed and saved in case I ever wanted to bottle again, so it must be an on and off thing.

Sierra Nevada has gone back and forth between pry-off and twist-off several times in the last 10 years

Last I heard was 1990? went from twist top to pop top. I'm not disagreeing but in the last 6 years of drinking sierra nevada I've NEVER come across one. The day I do.... I am done

Last I heard was 1990? went from twist top to pop top. I'm not disagreeing but in the last 6 years of drinking sierra nevada I've NEVER come across one. The day I do.... I am done

I don't know how they run that place, but I know I have seen twist-off sierra nevada here in NC before, and I've only lived here since 2005.

I don't know how they run that place, but I know I have seen twist-off sierra nevada here in NC before, and I've only lived here since 2005.

Is is possible that they "farm" out the brewing locally? I know that Sam Adams did (does) this in Cincinnati.

You can see thought box or cases don't be a jackass they do say pry-off. Please just names

Jackass? Dude, is it really easier to take this insanely long list of beers to the liquor store with you than finding a 6pk of the beer you want to buy and checking the caps?

There are literally HUNDREDS, probably thousands, of breweries that use pry off caps. Unfortunately, they change from time to time, going from twist off to pry off or vice versa. There is no good way to keep up with this except, of course, by reading the cap.

Good day, sir.

My face cheap bomber bottle is Bud American Ale... The beer is way too sweet for me, but they're recappable and a full bottle that I can buy at the gas station is nearly the same price as an empty at the LHBS an hour away !

Paulaner, Warsteiner, Erdinger, Montana Brewing Co., Budweiser American Ale, Fat Tire, Dos Eqis Amber, Negra Modelo, Franziskaner Heffeweisen, Bass, Guiness Draught & Ext Stout, St Pauli Girl Dark and Sierra Nevada (AMBER BOTTLES) Heineken, Moosehead, Dos Equis Lager, Dortmunder Union and St Pauli Girl (GREEN BOTTLES) Corona (Clear) Easiest lables to remove... 1. Warsteiner 2. Bud American Ale 3. Fat Tire Hardest..... Heineken (Glue impossible)

Gotta hate picking out a 12 pack of an unknown beer, opening it up and its a damn cheesy twist off lol... Not all beers are marked!

for the sake of adding something constructive, I'll list what Ive had sitting here in my la-z-boy the last couple nights (the caps are all sitting on the armrest):

crispin, full sail, sierra nevada, lost coast, spire, deschutes, great divide brewing, anderson valley brewing, seven brides, lagunitas, dogfish, rogue, fox, leavenworth, pike, two rivers, 10 barrel, monk's cafe, and ninkasi

Wethat.... you are the one out of line here, or at least the first one that went out of line.

You just joined this forum, and are already calling people jackasses and insulting people.

You aren't going to make many friends coming on here with that attitude. Seriously.

Namecalling will never be tolerated. This is the only warning you will receive.

You posted, and then don't like the answers? Tough. No one called YOU a name or insulted you but you may not have liked a couple of responses. You resorting to namecalling and being a jerk means that you will probably not be a good fit for this forum.

I did delete any unhelpful comments.

Sorry to everyone beside jbrookiev he just irritates me with he's comment. I know people would like to know some different kinds of beer to try with pop-tops. So sorry

Sorry to everyone beside jbrookiev he just irritates me with he's comment. I know people would like to know some different kinds of beer to try with pop-tops. So sorry

wtf?

his comment was not sarcastic or anything. many twist off caps literally DO say "twist off" on them and they even have an arrow to show you which direction to twist.

Here's a safe general rule; if the beer is sold in 24 bottle cases... it's a twist off. It it's sold only in 6 packs (for the same price as a case of the other stuff), it's not a twist off.

Walker said:
wtf?

his comment was not sarcastic or anything. many twist off caps literally DO say "twist off" on them and they even have an arrow to show you which direction to twist.

Here's a safe general rule; if the beer is sold in 24 bottle cases... it's a twist off. It it's sold only in 6 packs (for the same price as a case of the other stuff), it's not a twist off.

Thanks for the info but I was just looking for names of beers. Sometimes I order it of Internet just to try it or if I'm in another town I could say hey that the beer walker liked.

Back