Brew Club Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EinGutesBiersSWMBO

Reaction score
We are starting up a local area brew club and we are stuck on logo design ideas.

We are the Muddy River Mashers. In Bismarck, ND.

Does anyone out there have any idea's to try?

I'm not a graphic artist so I can't draw for you but think about this....

A river meandering through a grassy plain, fields of something growing next to muddy banks, add in some things that North Dakota is known for (Bison, Oil wells, etc...). I travelled through ND years ago when I was a kid and I seem to remember rolling hills in the Bismark area, you could probably work those into the background.

I think I would do the words Muddy River Masher's in a brown font and if you could make it look squiggly/drippy that would totally kick butt.

Seriously, I wish I could convert my visual images into something on a computer, but my 6 year old daughter is a better artist than I am.

I'll take a shot at it. Reinstalling Adobe Studio tonight on the home compy. More soon.

OK. I got something. I'm not 100% happy with it or 100% done with it, but it's a start.

What do you think about this?

muddy_river.jpg

It's ok, you can tell me I suck now. *goes to drink in shame*

I really envision the words Muddy River Mashers as a brown, dripping ooze of letters. I am also picturing a square logo with the river running left to right in the foreground with other detail in the background, but unless you want to see it in stick figures, I am not going to be able to give much.

I couldn't find a good "dripping" font last night, McK, that's one of the things that is still bugging me about this.

I do kind of like the "river" effect on the top line though. I'm not "out of love" with it yet. (That's the font itself, I didn't have to create that part.)

I want to incorporate barley too. I had a neat looking idea but it was ripping off parts of billpa's work on the HBT logo, and I want to give credit where credit is due, so I omitted it. If I really want barley, I'll have to learn how to draw it. (I'm a "principle" sort of guy.)

SWEET. I love the site design. Thanks for the font link - I'm gonna take a 2nd crack at it tonight. I don't have PSD's per se, but I will "fight" with it to see what I can export to.

I like the hop cone and barley twigs under the links (mouseover)... Do you have a higher res of it? Feel free to PM.

More later tonite, glad ya like it! I was trying to think as "diverse" as possible. T-shirts. Mugs. Websites. Bumper Stickers. Letterhead. Whatever a club winds up needing. :)

Here's what my original designs were... I just wasn't too impressed with them so I tossed them out. :cross:

I'd like something where I could put the wording inside the logo for printing and other items. But maybe a logo that I could put Muddy River Mashers on the outside for the Web Layout. I'm not sure if that's Kosher, but I'd hate to have to shrink the logo to get it fit on the webpage and have the text too small to read. What does everyone else think?

---- thanks again for all the help on this!

Muddy river makes me think of Mark twain, Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer. I'm picturing a silhouette of a guy with a long pole pushing a flat raft.

*bump* - More for myself than you guys. I keep trying to find time to finish the design, but there's all the good ol' end-of-summer chores and RIS tastings and reviews and gaaaaaaah! Life is crazy.

More comin' at ya as soon as I can kick it out! But by bumping this thread, I make it less likely that I forget. :fro:

WHOA! Holy crap! I LOVE IT!

Beats the shizzle out of my stuff. I say, Action Team GO!

Only thing I can think of is make the center swatch of blue ribbon a little darker, so that you can see the contrast between the color and the white better. Then likewise make the MASHERS top layer a little darker blue, again for the contrast against the white, against the brown.

SERIOUSLY A+ work. I love it. :D

It's way different than I envisioned, but I like it. The only thing is that the fish is on a glass and holding a mug, maybe the glass in the center could be something else, or make the fish bigger and remove the center glass entirely.

Or just leave it the way it is, because it's still awesome.

I like it. I like it so much I've been staring at it long enough to find things not to like.

I'm not sure about the drop shadow on "Mashers" and I think the curvature is looking a bit weird to me.

Other than that, I think it looks fantastic!

Thanks everyone!

I concur, the blue has kind of been at me... I mean I don't want it dark but, I don't want it too light to tell.

Do you think the wave is too strong in the text?

I'll do some more tweaking with it tonight and then I'll get cracking on the web layout again. I'll be sure to post it.

Thanks for all your input!

maybe the glass in the center could be something else, or make the fish bigger and remove the center glass entirely.

DONT LISTEN TO HIM! HE'S CRAZY! :p ;)
Seriously, though, the mug-on-fish-on-glass is half of what I find so charming about it! :D

And yes, I think "squashing" the wave just a little might help with the readability. It is a fairly steep rake. But I still love it as-is!~!

Fantastic...I am absolutely amazed at some of the labels that some of you 'amateurs' produce. I've been playing with GIMP feverishly and really have no idea to accomplish something like this. Nice job!

Wow that's awesome.

Only thing I would tweak is the "Mashers" font - not crazy about it.

Figured I'd revive this one since its finally done. :mug:

I want to thank all of you for your help. You were so helpful in putting this whole project in the right direction. It's really hard to start with a blank slate.

The brew club site is finally launched. Feel free to check it out

Muddy River Masher Homebrew Club

Thanks again!

WHOA! That is super cool, I love the result!

My only tiny gripe is that it's BIG. Really big. I'm on a 24" widescreen, 1920x1200, and it's still big.

But Beauty has its price, right? ;) Seriously, I LOVE it.

What's with the 5% to Midwest? For reals? I noticed our club ain't on their lists.... :(

Yeah, it ended up really big... I just liked the textures too much to shrink it. It's incentive for us all to be as lucky as you on a 24" monitor.

Yep, Midwest offers 5% as long as you give your AHA number.

Thanks, glad you like. I wasn't sure if it was going to be too non traditional for folks.

Back