Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest label:

melkors_milk_stout_label.jpg

Newest one that we created for a customer: (Hookers = fish hooks, Blow = Whale) lol

Hookers_and_Blow_-_Proof.jpg

photoshop filters can be your friend...to make the picture of a real whale more inline with the theme of the label. with no other photographic elements on the label, the center image doesn't blend well.

photoshop filters can be your friend...to make the picture of a real whale more inline with the theme of the label. with no other photographic elements on the label, the center image doesn't blend well.

I like it. It's kind of like looking through a porthole in a boat and seeing a huge whale. I think it works for this case.

Here is my first label, my daughters helped by coming up with the idea and my 11 year old helped on the drawing, so don't be too harsh! I also stole some ideas from others here so thanks. oops, it is a wheat with orange extract, hence the orange snowman, and that was the joke label qr code. my wife doesn't know about that one.

winterwheat3.jpg

Here is my first label, my daughters helped by coming up with the idea and my 11 year old helped on the drawing, so don't be too harsh! I also stole some ideas from others here so thanks. oops, it is a wheat with orange extract, hence the orange snowman, and that was the joke label qr code. my wife doesn't know about that one.

Your 11 year old is very talented!

This was created as the customer wanted. He wanted a "porthole" look. Thank you for your advice.

I agree. I wish I had half that talent. Looks better than any drawing I'd be able to come up with.

Your 11 year old is very talented!

I agree. I wish I had half that talent. Looks better than any drawing I'd be able to come up with.

EDIT: Didn't realize I posted twice. Sorry about that.

Mickeymoose said:

Wow awesome ......you have a talented daughter!

here's my first attempt,

I need to find a better font and figure a better overall layout

but the idea is there pretty well

the first label is a picture of my personal anvil but it doesn't print all that well.
the second label is a drawing of an old english anvil

StoutLabel.jpg

stoutlabel2.jpg

Mickeymoose,

Cool label! I really like the Government Warnings. Is orange snow safe to eat?

Thanks, the orange snow is ok, but if that snowman was made out of lemons, watch out. I can't take credit for the warnings, i hijacked them off of other labels I have seen.

Also thanks for the compliments on my daughter, I will let her know that her drawings are popular on a product she better not try for quite a while! I need to get her drawing on new label. My 7 year old just drew a giraffe and insists i use it on my next label, so it will be a little more crayola and it might look like a fish, but she will be happy, and with two girls and one wife, I learned that when the women are happy... well you know the rest.

Fowler,

I love the old anvil that is yours, but I think maybe you need to "pose" it a little so it can be differentiated from the other iron stuff in the picture. If there was a cleaner picture of your anvil, that could be a great base for a label.

Fowler,

I love the old anvil that is yours, but I think maybe you need to "pose" it a little so it can be differentiated from the other iron stuff in the picture. If there was a cleaner picture of your anvil, that could be a great base for a label.

in my head I imagine finding a field of weeds and letting it sit there until the weeds kind of take over and taking a pic.

I agree with you on the background.

really I need to get in touch with a friend of mine who has an anvil with the horn broken off and has been beat to heck, that would look a lot better for my intent.

Stephan

My buddy has almost finished these for the two wedding brews I did. He is taking out the "custom batch" and putting Chocolate Stout on "The Brad" and Belgian Strong on "The Jenny". He is also keeping the stout label brownish and changing the Belgian "jenny" to a yellowish color. Also adding the wedding date right below where the style will be located.

AD_Brad.jpg

AD_Jenny.jpg

Looking at some of the great designs here is humbling to say the least. I did some online for a Scottish Export Ale, mild ale, and dunkleweizen.

oasis mild.jpg

stag on the moors.jpg

SunWorshiper.jpg

1stTimer said:
Finished product. Now to get 100 of them on bottles.

That's pretty cool, I'm guessing named after the bride & groom. Would be cool to cellar a bomber of each to be opened on their (your?) first wedding anniversary.

Yep. Brad and Jenny. I would love to do that, but for the first time ever I hit 50 brews right on the head, for both batches. I always end up with extra, but not this time. I will be at the wedding so maybe i will sneak some out. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back