keg faucet shutoff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krenshaw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i'm looking for an easy alternative to buying 3 (and a 4th in the future) faucet locks.. i can lock the lid to my keezer, so i was looking around to finding a better way than having to remove the disconnects everytime.. i found this link

ball valve

if i have threaded liquid disconnects, would this be as easy as just threading this between the disconnect and the faucet line? looks like a great price for stainless..

That valve uses pipe threads, but the typical swivel nut/QD interface is a flare fitting, which I'm pretty sure is a different thread...

Cheers!

Kegworks has this shutoff valve that clearly has a swivel nut on one side, and from the description it is to be inserted between a beer line and a keg coupler, so I think the male threaded end must be a flare thread as well.

The only thing I can't find is if that's a 1/4" fitting or something else. Do all keg couplers use 1/4" flare fittings for the beer line?

Cheers!

yeah those work right between the beer nut and shank.. didn't want to ad to the length there and the price was much more.. i could go that rout but was trying to keep the cost down

Back