Carbonation and beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veevo

Reaction score
Well I bottled my beer 10 days ago and it kind of poped when I cracked one to see how its going. But it had a very weak head and very little carbination. Is this normal for only 10 days in the bottles. Or did something go wrong?

Not completely out of the ordinary, but it's tough to tell without knowing the batch size, OG, FG, and how much priming sugar you used.

Well OG was 1.05 and FG was 1.01 batch size 23 liters. And cup and quarter pf priming sugar. Bulk primed

What Revvy would say is "Three weeks is the absolute minimum amount of time you would need for proper beer carbonation"

Yes he would. OP, you can look for his sticky post on bottling and bottle conditioning, good info for new brewers.

I usually move my conditioning bottles to a warmish spot, 70+ F, to help our yeast friends along.

Its been in the same room as whole process at exactly 66° soo seeing as it has a little carbination at 10 days all hope is not lost? It could still carbinate more?

Most definitely. Just give it some time. Most of my beers have bubbles after a week or so, but are not properly carbed until 3-4 weeks.

Okay awesome! Thanks everyone ill just give it another 20 days and crack. Should I still keep it in my warm room for the 20 days?

Veevo said:
Okay awesome! Thanks everyone ill just give it another 20 days and crack. Should I still keep it in my warm room for the 20 days?

You'll be fine. I leave it in the 70ish room until it's carbonated, which is often less than 3 weeks. Give it another week and try a bottle. If it's ready, great, if not, give it another week and try another bottle.

Solid, sounds good I was worried for a bit there. But it is working soo I shall wait.

Back