1st place in competition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braceful

Reaction score
And then I found out there were only 3 entries. I'm significantly less proud now than when I found out I won :(

LHBS put on a stout competition and my beer won with a score of 35. Yes I know, a good score, but I was hoping for a bit more competition to see how my beer stacked up...Oh well, I'll still take the gift card from the LHBS.

Remember, beer competitions are more about brewing to style rather than brewing beer better than someone elses. In theory, if there was only one entry in a category, it wouldn't neccessarily win gold.

Regardless, nice job! :mug:

Nobody knows how many entrants there where I say it was a field of a hundred and you defeated them all

I'd be happy with a 35 regardless of place. Best I've done so far is a 35.5 Saison which took 2nd in my first competition.

It's just about the perfect score too. Good enough to reassure you that you know what you're doing, but leaves enough room for improvement to spur you on to improve further batches.

Back