goulds shallow well pump for cip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burbelly

Reaction score
Now I know that I probably won't like the answer to this question but I will put it out there anyways. My cousin just removed her shallow well pump. It is a multi stage pump. It generates quite a bit of pressure and a great deal of volume. Is there any way I could engineer this thing to work out some sort of clean in place solution? I know that the steel body might pose a problem. I was wondering if maybe there was some way to coat the inner passages of the pump to make it more compatible with my needs. It is a goulds hsj10n.

What are your worries? THe temperatures? It pumped drinking water so it has to be food safe. That will be some serious flow rates.

I don't know how cast iron will stand up to PBW. I also don't know if the seals will taint the cleaning solution. I am also concerned about temperatures causing a premature failure.

Back