So pumped! Its on the way.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerAbs

Reaction score
image-3708941504.jpg

I really hope I don't produce some carbonated skunk juice. Ill be taking this back with me to college and brewing in my garage. My friends really ripped me a new one for wanting to do this. **** em'. They won't get any. Guess what I'm drinking now for new years; You'll be ashamed. Remember I'm in college still.

You ordered a basic beer equipment kit and all grain beer kit? Not sure your going to like your results unless you have some big kettles

image-3819433916.jpg

Oh damn...This won't work as I plan? What a fantastic way to start my year.

Do:
Read the kit instructions first
Make sure you have a large enough pot even for partial boils
Sanitize everything
control fermentation temp, use your clothes hamper ;)

Don't:
keep opening it too see what it's doing
Listen to your friends (unless they are brewers)
Rush
bother with a secondary

People still stereotype homebrew, you'll hear a lot of "yeah I tried that once...". You can and will produce a fine product if you follow the instructions and read a bit here in the extract forum.

it'll tell you to rack to secondary after 5 days. don't. let it sit in primary for 3 weeks, then bottle/keg

Agreed - don't rush this or transfer it unnecessarily. Try to maintain a constant fermentation temp the entire time. If you are bottling give it 3 weeks at around 70 degrees before putting them in the fridge. It will seem like forever, but when it's ready you won't be disappointed. As questions come up, post them, and by all means have fun with it.

Oh, and you can guarantee your friends that are rippin' you for it will be the first to ask for free beer.

Back