The start of my site.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howlinowl

Reaction score
Since I'm presently unemployed, I thought I'd do a little work on my website. It's not much right now, just an age verification page, but it's got my logo and I just finished making the tiki god graphics a little bit ago.

http://www.howlinowl.com

The logo is 2-color, so I was thinkin' of doing the site in 2-color, but I'm not so sure I'm that thrilled with it so far.

Whatcha all think?

Allan

I realise it's WIP

But set some content on it.
Anything. 404's are bad. (better to not link or send it here if you want to test)
Don't link to a page that his not there it is Cardinal sin #1.

Why the age question, you are not liable.

Look good though.

Thanks for the replies, I was kinda wondering if the yellow and green was a bit loud, maybe I'll just run with it and see how the rest turns out.

orfy said:
I realise it's WIP

But set some content on it.
Anything. 404's are bad. (better to not link or send it here if you want to test)
Don't link to a page that his not there it is Cardinal sin #1.

Why the age question, you are not liable.

Look good though.

If it were an important site, I'd probably worry more about the 404's, but since it's just a site for my hobby, that probably nobody's gonna see except when I send them there, I didn't really worry about it. Maybe I'll just put a "under construction" page up for it to link to for now.

The age verification? I dunno.... all the big real brewery pages have it, thought it'd lend an "air of authenticity" to my hobby site. It'll only work if ya come in through the "front door"... the index page anyway. If you link to any of the pages on the "other side", you can see 'em without the age verification... a real one wouldn't let you through any "windows or back doors". I just found the script on the 'net and thought it'd be cool.

Allan

sause said:
True on both accounts Orfy. But the first page looks good.

Some of my favorite websites have age verification pages on them....;)

Back