Next Purchases towards my RIMS build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marnel

Reaction score
I'm currently in the process of slowly purchasing all the parts for my eRIMS setup and am ready to buy the 3 PID controllers and thermocouples. For the BK i plan on using the TC-K6 model from auber.

As far as the heat exchange chamber are you guys using a longer probe such as this one http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=108 ? I don't know why i'm having such a hard time finding that information. I've read the RIMS for dummy page and see that he posted using a J type but I could not find something comparable on auber's site.

Thanks.

I'd recommend using RTDs instead of thermocouples. They are easier to work with for wiring... and are less prone to swings in temperature if the cold junction changes temperature.

I purchased the:

Liquid tight RTD sensor, 2" probe, 1/4 NPT Thread ( I dont see it on the site anymore) as long as it is a RTD type you'lll be fine. Make sure it is "NPT" thread unless you have another type of setup in mind . If you look at my pics you can kinda see where I mounted it in the copper manifold.

Good Luck
Joe

I purchased the:

Liquid tight RTD sensor, 2" probe, 1/4 NPT Thread ( I dont see it on the site anymore) as long as it is a RTD type you'lll be fine. Make sure it is "NPT" thread unless you have another type of setup in mind . If you look at my pics you can kinda see where I mounted it in the copper manifold.

Good Luck
Joe

Yup, I see it. Thanks! BTW, I like the switches you used on your CP. Where'd you get 'em?

I'm using this one with the 4" probe in my HLT. He must be out of stock on the 2" probe ones. The length you need will depend on your fittings.

I'm using this one with the 4" probe in my HLT. He must be out of stock on the 2" probe ones. The length you need will depend on your fittings.

Are you HERMS or RIMS? I'm looking for a good thread on number and placement of temp sensors in a single-tier, three kettle system ...

Mine is in my HERMS HLT... single-tier three kettle system. There's some pics of my progress in the thread on my 'new rig' in my sig. Hope to have the maiden brew next weekend on it.

Corgibrew,

I got them from e-bay....the seller is there but the auction is over....he is always selling. Here is the page :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-20-amp-Heavy-Duty-Toggle-Switches-with-Safety-Cover_W0QQitemZ290416585921QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRace_Car_Parts?hash=item439e2d6cc1

NICE SWITCHES, several colors to choose from and inexpensive in my opinion. Good Luck

Joe

Latest posts

Back