labels and milk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njsmallwood12

Reaction score
I have never made/attached a label to a bottle. My bottles are clean and have never had a label on them. My question is what kind of paper and adhesive? I have seen posts about using milk, so what do you do? Dip the paper and stick? What about a glue stick

Many of us milk users have converted to gelatin - you can put your beer in a ice-filled cooler and they stay on, but wash off with a bit of hot water. Glues aren't great, as its a hot harder to remove the labels, although many still use them. The one downside to milk and gelatin is they do not work well on plastic bottles - both are fairly rigid once dried, so labels fall off of flexible bottles. Here's a good thread on using gelatin:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/use-knox-its-best-label-adhesive-354082/

Bryan

Use skim milk. Any paper works so long as it is not waxed paper.

I stopped using milk because of the mess. If I want to label a few bottles I just put a piece of clear tape on each edge of the label and done. It might not look quite as professional but it sure is easier to apply and remove.

Latest posts

Back