Splenda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PT934

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen alot of poeple say splenda is ok to use as a non-fermentable sugar, but where do I start? I am guessing it is adjust by taste once you start using it. I made a red wheat with raspberries and it was a little more tart than I was going for. It had the right amount of flavor, but I just wanted to make it a little sweeter. I used a red wheat recipie and added just under 5 lbs of frozen rasperries in the last 5 min of boil (extract with grains recipie). I am going to do a blueberry this weekend, and I am thinking a wheat beer, 1 week in primapry, then rack onto about 3 lbs of fresh frozen (3 weeks in freezer) blueberries in secondary. When should I add it, in secondary with berries?

Thanks for any help.

I've never used it but I would recommend adding it a little at time to your bottle bucket. Then taste and keep adding till you get the amount of sweetness that you want.

You can really add it at any time. Similar to the suggestion above, I would wait until the bottling bucket or kegging so you have an idea of the near finished flavor. Go a little at a time. You can always add more, but you cannot take any out. I just added 1/2 cup to a cider that is in the tertiary fermenter now. I boil about a cup or two of water then add the splenda, let cool and add to fermentor. If you keg, you can actually add it right to the keg.

Back