What was the best gift you got when you graduated highschool?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seiko Kinetic watch from my parents. 15 year class reunion is in a couple months, and I still wear that watch every day.

The "favor" I got from my freshman in college girlfriend. Oh and my godfather letting me take the jag for the weekend. It was a quad headlight XJ with the V12. For a car guy it was almost more memorable than the "Favor".

I got a congrats card, thats it.

My younger brother the very next year got a 2 week all expenses paid trip to Europe.

Thanks Mom & Dad !

Cheers :mug:

Who gets gifts for doing what you're supposed to? I wish I got gifts for expected things.

Well, not relying on your parents might count as a gift, but I've had a job since I was 14.
So do you turn down bonuses at work, as well? After all, that's a gift for doing what you're supposed to.

Nix, zip, diddly, bupkas, niente.
Got nothing for High School graduation, and for that matter nothing for 16th birthday, no help when I moved out of the house, no help with college, in fact I recieved no gifts from my parents whatsoever for any birthday or Christmas beyond 8th grade.

Money. People sent cards or came to my grad. party and some gave me as much as $100 or more!

The only gift I got was one that I gave myself:
The satisfaction that I would never have to deal with any of those a$$holes ever again.
My parents celebrated by charging me rent.

I don't remember any gifts when I graduated high school OR college. But, when I completed my master's degree, my Mother bought me a Sears Craftsman 10 inch radial arm saw!!! That was over thirty years ago, and it still works great! Love that saw!

glenn514:mug:

Back