Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that here's where I am at, feel free to confirm/deny:

1# NS with YLPAUL
2# Jade with NEOPOL
1# NB with RC0002

The magnum seems to have some more interest than the last update, I think it's around 7 or 8 pounds. Anyone else looking to fill that order before its too late?

I would take the last pound of saaz that appears to be available to help fill that order. If someone else wants it, let them have priority

RC hasn't been active here since last week and hasn't made an order (at least that I can see on the sheet). He was starting the cascade, NB, and magnum hop buys but I don't know if he's following up on it. I don't know if we should try and contact him or go through with the buy with somebody else putting it under their order?

I can chase down the magnum count in the next hour or so and don't mind fronting the $ if its viable.

**edit** Magnum Count (from the responses within this thread. Picking up from RC0032's post #335):

1# Metic
1# RC0032
1# ThirstT
1# Neopol
1# SrBailey
1# Me
1# Havoc 531
1# Opteek
1# PseudoChef
1# Cadwallion
1# Scotty77

Nice work, Magnum looks to be filled. It looks like these are German Magnum HU‐90GMG (11-16%AA) @$7.05lb since the domestic (10-14%AA) are sold out.

Please advise if anything above is incorrect or the origin is a problem

I was in for a pound of Cascade and Northern Brewer (it would be really great if it came soon because temperature in my garage is holding for a perfect steam beer). But I don't think I can front for all of that, anybody else want to take the lead on those? I'd have to look back a few pages to see the last update.

ylpaul2000 said:
Summit is intense! It has a really funky garlic/onion smell. I only use it for bittering at a 60 minute addition. Any late additions and you'll have a pizza beer!

Also here is the updated list for my Nelson Sauvin order, please make sure it is correct.

Ylpaul2000. 2
bmason1623. 2
TheOneBuz. 1
Kieran. 2
Wegz15. 2
Thirst T. 1
Docgineer. 1

Sudsmcgee, and JBCSL all wanted a pound but didn't fit on my order.

Ok here was my Nelson Sauvin purchase. Please confirm, for my sanity, thanks.

I can chase down the magnum count in the next hour or so and don't mind fronting the $ if its viable.

**edit** Magnum Count (from the responses within this thread. Picking up from RC0032's post #335):

1# Metic
1# RC0032
1# ThirstT
1# Neopol
1# SrBailey
1-2# Me
1# Havoc 531
1# Opteek

2-3# remain to fill the order. FYI If the order goes, it looks like these are German Magnum HU‐90GMG (11-16%AA) @$7.05lb since the domestic (10-14%AA) are sold out.

For that price, I'll take a pound of Magnum.

FFS this thread explodes. I get busy for even two days and I've got 10-15 pages to read.

Alright, finally caught up with all this bizniz. I really do not want to front multiple the hop splits RC was setting up, but I need hops in a bad way (I'm averaging 2-3 test batches a week and plan to keep that pace the rest of the year). If RC doesn't respond by Noon tomorrow I am willing to take over the NB and Cascade splits, starman can take over the Magnum split. Starman, I'll take a pound if it finishes out the split and makes life easier.

Currently in 2lb of Cascade, 2lb of NB, 1lb Saaz, and with the Magnum I'll have 6lb of hops to pick up. Anyone else need me to finish their splits? :p

starman said:

1# Metic
1# RC0032
1# ThirstT
1# Neopol
1# SrBailey
1-2# Me
1# Havoc 531
1# Opteek
1# PseudoChef

1-2# remain to fill the order. FYI If the order goes, it looks like these are German Magnum HU‐90GMG (11-16%AA) @$7.05lb since the domestic (10-14%AA) are sold out.

Put me down for 1 # of magnum

Currently in 2lb of Cascade, 2lb of NB, 1lb Saaz, and with the Magnum I'll have 6lb of hops to pick up. Anyone else need me to finish their splits? :p

Enabler! Thanks though, between you and Scotty77 it looks like Magnum is a go.

I just added it to my sub-order.

starman said:
Enabler! Thanks though, between you and Scotty77 it looks like Magnum is a go.

I just added it to my sub-order.

Ya, for that price I couldn't pass it up.

Hallertau Hersbrucker Split:
5# havoc531 (3lbs Kenny, 1lbs Grady, 1lbs Doug)
1# Gothic Horror
3# opteek
1# scotty77
1# miamiweiss
1# Demon
0# remaining, closed

Saaz split:
3# opteek
1# scotty77
1# miamiweiss
1# remaining

As much as I'd love to front the money and supply people with hops, I need a full 11# spoken for to place the order. So please anyone that needs hops place the order now!!

just want to post my current lists of splits, please make sure this is correct.....if it is not please let me know so i can adjust my notes :D

split list going out:

Forstmeister - MO - half sack

Brewingmeister - C40 - 1/3 sack
Opteek - C40 - 1/3 sack

Scotty77 - Malted Rye - 1/3 sack
Havoc531 - Malted Rye - 1/3 sack

split list coming in:

TheOneBuz - Cara Pils - 1/3 sack (also split with Demon)

I'm also confirming my 1/3 of the C40. Also in for 3# of Hallertauer, 3# of Saaz, and 1# of the Magnum. Heck yeah!

Confirming the C40 split.

Also had a lb of NB in the original hop split. Is that still a go or what?
Yes. If RC responds today he'll be managing the NB and Cascade split, otherwise I will take over the NB/Cascade splits. Either way it will happen unless bill closes the order in the next few hours. :)

Saaz split:
3# opteek
1# scotty77
1# miamiweiss
1# remaining

Bill/ghoti, I see various oak chips in the available DB to add, but when a qty is added nothing shows up in your order. Does this mean item is unavailable? Or just a flaw in the sheet?

dave, is this still the case?

We are at 165 sacks already. I want to cut off the buy but there are still some non grain items that some people were having trouble adding soI wnted to leave it open for them add them. Please refrain from adding additional grain. Thank you.

Just found out that hop contracts *are* available to home brewer group buys. However, the minimum order would be 330 pounds or 30 boxes (at 11 pounds). Do I sense a hop contracts group buy in the works?

bmason1623 said:
Just found out that hop contracts *are* available to home brewer group buys. However, the minimum order would be 330 pounds or 30 boxes (at 11 pounds). Do I sense a hop contracts group buy in the works?

Wouldnt be against some kind of law to pass up that deal?? :rockin:

Thanks for following up on this. That's over a single season/year, correct? Also, can we specify some of the contract but leave the balance as TBD. In other words, sign for a guaranteed 110lbs Simcoe, 110lbs Amarillo, 55lbs Citra and the rest as needed?

What are the terms? % of contract as a deposit, pay as they deliver etc?

There has to be at least 8-10 boxes of hops on this order alone. 30 doesn't seem unreasonable.

Trying to get the last short sleeve brew day of the season in but this wind is robbing all my BTUs! If my strike water ever gets up to temp I'll be testing out the BeerSmith2 Lite for Android.... integrated cloud recipe storage and brew timer.

You guys just operate too damn quickly these days. I was busy and out of town and BOOM! 4 pallets are spoken for. Was hoping to get in on a little of this action, but it seems closed.

Bill, I applied to the website but never got a confirmation e-mail.

We still have to wait a long time (until 2014!) for Simcoe/Amarillo/Citra, but I would definitely be done for a lot of all of those.

Alright, RC doesn't seem to be responding and I don't want to lose the order, so I'm adding the hops to my order now. If you are part of the Cascade or NB splits, please respond confirming and I will update this post. I'll hold RC's allocation in the split for now.

*UPDATED as of Oct 10 @ 4:09pm CT*

Cascade
-------
cadwallion - 2 (confirmed)
TheOneBuz - 3 (confirmed)
hot427cobra (confirmed)
Jgrove10
TheBreweryUnderground (confirmed)
Demon (confirmed)
srbailey (confirmed)
Kieran (confirmed)

Northern Brewer
---------------

urbanmyth (confirmed)
ThirstT (confirmed)
metic (confirmed)
hot427cobra (confirmed)
brewingmeister (confirmed)
srbailey (confirmed)
grinch (confirmed)
miamiweiss (confirmed)

You guys just operate too damn quickly these days. I was busy and out of town and BOOM! 4 pallets are spoken for. Was hoping to get in on a little of this action, but it seems closed.

Bill, I applied to the website but never got a confirmation e-mail.

Randar, you're confirmed. If you can get a crap load of sacks again (not necessarily a full pallet) we can wait for you. Talk to your brew club and see if they are interested. I will close this tonight if I don't hear back from you.

cadwallion said:
Alright, RC doesn't seem to be responding and I don't want to lose the order, so I'm adding the hops to my order now. If you are part of the Cascade or NB splits, please respond confirming and I will update this post. I'll hold RC's allocation in the split for now.

Cascade
-------
TheOneBuz - 3
RC - 2
hot427cobra
Jgrove10
Demon

Northern Brewer
---------------

urbanmyth (confirmed)
ThirstT
RC
metic
hot427cobra
brewingmeister
srbailey
grinch

Confirming 3lbd cascade.

Randar, you're confirmed. If you can get a crap load of sacks again (not necessarily a full pallet) we can wait for you. Talk to your brew club and see if they are interested. I will close this tonight if I don't hear back from you.
Bill, when you're confirming accounts do you just validate the account exists on HBT or just click a button?

Seems like validating the HBT username could be as simple as the system making a request to HBT.com for a username and it returns status 200 for a valid user, and 302 for an invalid user (technically 404 if you tell your request to follow redirects). Might be another pain point that's liftable via code, along with converting all the order requests into an order spreadsheet.

Cascade
-------
TheOneBuz - 3
RC - 2
hot427cobra
Jgrove10
Demon

Northern Brewer
---------------

urbanmyth (confirmed)
ThirstT
RC
metic
hot427cobra
brewingmeister
srbailey
grinch

I'm good for 1 lb of NB

Just for confirmation - my sacks, I have split with Wegz Neopol and starman
1/4 each - Black Malt and Roasted Barley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back