Remember this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i sure do! My wife is a huge "bones" fan. When i told her that the premise of bones was a spin off of this show she had to see it. "q" is the original forensic anthropologist! I love watching metv for the old reruns of when tv was worth watching.

Guess i need to actually add another...

Not transformers:
gobots.jpg

gobots!!!

I fully understand why my father would periodically lock the TV up in his closet to force us into doing something more productive. And you never said you were "bored". Bored = extra chores. We went out and found stuff to do.

I, on occasion, have been known to lock the Wii in the closet. Since we only receive Over-the-air TV, my boys have nothing better to do than to pester their mother all day. She will shoo them out of the house and they go throw rocks at each other or something... haha!

Older yet, the Church Key
59133d1335556091-remember-church-key-can-bottle-opener.jpg

actually, that's just a can opener, but often mistakenly called a church key. Yes, they've been around for ages. HOWEVER - when's the last time you had to pierce a can? We used to have to pierce the "Hi-C" open....

this is the 'church key' - see the shape? the one on the left is still commonly available and is often found in the paint section of the stores.

vintage+openers.jpg

actually, that's just a can opener, but often mistakenly called a church key. Yes, they've been around for ages. HOWEVER - when's the last time you had to pierce a can? We used to have to pierce the "Hi-C" open....

Eh, we called them all church keys. When I was in high school they were just transitioning to the pop-tops. We used them to open cans and pop the top off of those stubby bottles of PBR that came in 8 packs :mug:

I remember using them to open fruit punch and condensed milk and some other stuff, like motor oil...

Seems like I used one not that long ago but I can't recall what it was for. I *think* it was for condensed milk or something. I think they still seal those up without a pop top.

EDIT: I remember the Hawaiian Fruit Punch came in cans that were like large oil cans. I wonder who would win a battle between the little Hawaiian Punch dude and Hi-C's Oh Yeah guy??

hp143.jpg

The Hippity Hop, you would sit on it hold the handle and bounce around.

Funny thing is that I was helping brand cattle this weekend, afterwards we were sitting on my sisters back porch having a BBQ and I notice the Hippity Hop that we grew up with sitting in the back yard. It is at least 40 years old and has gone through a dozen kids.

6a00d8341cf11753ef011570bef6b2970b800wi.jpg

I remember using them to open fruit punch and condensed milk and some other stuff, like motor oil...

Seems like I used one not that long ago but I can't recall what it was for. I *think* it was for condensed milk or something. I think they still seal those up without a pop top.

EDIT: I remember the Hawaiian Fruit Punch came in cans that were like large oil cans. I wonder who would win a battle between the little Hawaiian Punch dude and Hi-C's Oh Yeah guy??

hp143.jpg
kool aid man was the oh yeah guy. i have a fat friend who routinely walks through the screen of my front door, so that memory kind of stays refreshed at our house...

I'm not a smoker, but as a kid, I remember these machines and often pushed the buttons and checked for change when passing by. :)

image-1386021806.jpg

Fail or best marketing move ever? How many people remember why the cans today Coca-Cola Classic?

CocaCola(CanadaNewCoke).JPG

Homercidal said:
Geez...

I can name all of those characters.

Random 80s trivia - the guy who played Sloth in Goonies was some kind of star linebacker or lineman for the Oilers and the Raiders. Before my time though.

big15.JPG

Can't believe this hasn't been listed yet. Did anyone else have one? I used to play for hours with this.

OMG, loved this thing!

Ok, check this out. Me and my friends loved this movie (or at least the concept of the game itself) so we started playing it in our junior high until the Administration caught wind of it and confiscated our guns. :mad:

K53ABBRqHvBX8XR.jpg

Any He-Men out there have Stinkor?? I had forgotten all about him until one of my kids brought home some patchouli hand soap.

stinkor01_full.jpg

OMG, loved this thing!

Ok, check this out. Me and my friends loved this movie (or at least the concept of the game itself) so we started playing it in our junior high until the Administration caught wind of it and confiscated our guns. :mad:

K53ABBRqHvBX8XR.jpg

I actually had the ORIGINAL game before it became a movie and a game spinooff. I had it back when it was a hand typed and xeroxed manuscript with a crappy cover.

Geez...

I can name all of those characters.

how about the paintings on the walls - looks like crocodile dundee, et, eddie murphy golden child?, lost boys,big trouble in little china, critters?, can't make the next one out, and terminator- can anyone confirm this?

Oops - that'll teach me to read carefully. You already mentioned that one.

cannman said:
What did this do?

It had a bunch of electrical components with springs on the connections that you connected with wires. You could make radios, clocks, alarms, and bunches of other stuff depending on how you wired the components

Back