Screw It!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Why mess with a good thing?

How's this?

NewPicture3-1.png

A bit...sparse, I guess...and the font is way too stretched longitudinally. Bring it down. And instead of "brewpastor's", I'd go with "The BrewPastor's". Makes it sound much more official.

A bit more linework or something would help...I like the idea of screenprinting, etc.,..no actual paper labels...even clear labels would be cool. But some kind of calligraphy-esque swooshies (you know what I mean...if you need inspiration, see: the wild west cowboy era signs) would be cool.

But I like this direction much more than "Iconoclast".

I like the second one, maybe something different with the colors of the font but other than that, it's cool for such a simple design

OK, I am liking this idea. Here is one with color in the knot. It is a Celtic Trinity knot. I added the color to also represent grain, water and hops.

brewpastorstrinitylabel.png

Is this one better? I turned the symbol around and rearranged the color order so the water is dripping and the grain and hops are growing. Does it make any difference to any body else?
Trinitydrop.png

Brewpastor said:
Is this one better? I turned the symbol around and rearranged the color order so the water is dripping and the grain and hops are growing. Does it make any difference to any body else?

I like that one the best and see no need to change a thing. Where do you get labels like that?

Nice, but I'd double the font size for the brew's name. As-is, there's too much of a difference between the fonts.

I definitely like the color trinity symbol; however I think it works better if the single point is oriented towards the top of the bottle. It coincides better with the shape of the bottle. The bottle is narrower at the top and wider at the bottom. I also agree that "Russian Imperial Stout" should be a bit larger. You might also want to play around with the trinity colors too, maybe a red blending into violet to play up on the opposite ends of the spectrum. It could further represent the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. Of course if you were to use those colors, you'd probably have to highlight them in white or at least some lighter color to make them pop out. Overall, I love the design. If I were browsing the local liquor store, I would definitely stop and take a closer look.

I'm just a hack. I'm sure there's a better way. I'd use a white drop shadow- something you can feather in with a slider. Note: jargon is probably wrong.

Drop Shadow, Stroke, Outer Glow or a combination of any of these. Try playing around with a drop shadow first. Here are a few examples.

bpstroke.jpg

bpharddrop.jpg

bphardglow.jpg

I like what you have so far. You could also play around with the background photo by using a pseudo vignette at the bottom that feathers out towards the top. Or perhaps chosing or manipulating the photo to allow the type to stand out more. Also, I think it would look better if you toned down the values of the green and more importantly the blue in the "trinity" so that they are more of a natural color as opposed to a very digital looking color. I really like tombstone shaped labels (see Rabbit and Coyote :) ) and I think you could take it further with some cool design for the border.

Bill

billpa said:
One more image (because I am apparently limited to 4 per post)
bphardbeveldrop.jpg

EDIT: This is a quick hack job...much easier to do when you have the original source files.

I like that effect but I can't do it with my limited program and ability.

Brewpastor said:
I like that effect but I can't do it with my limited program and ability.

What program are you using? Can you blur text in it? If so, create a black (or that maroon color) version of the text, place it underneath your original text, and then blur it. That will give you a crude drop shadow. You can then shift it if you want it to have a directional look and if it isnt hard enough, make a copy of the same layer. Too hard, just bring the opacity down.

HTH,
Bill

billpa said:
What program are you using? Can you blur text in it? If so, create a black (or that maroon color) version of the text, place it underneath your original text, and then blur it. That will give you a crude drop shadow. You can then shift it if you want it to have a directional look and if it isnt hard enough, make a copy of the same layer. Too hard, just bring the opacity down.

HTH,
Bill

Can you try the same on the trinity symbol for me? Thanks.

I'd recommend using a capital P so you bottom text of Brewpastor's would go smoothly with the line under it, and then move the pic around a bit so you can see all the faces of your picture. Something like this (sorry for hacking it, I thought showing it would be easier than words):

5958-bp-logo2.jpg

originally posted by Brewpastor
What else would he be doing?

Ok, here is my final design (for now anyway).

I think this latest version looks awesome bp. I really like the simplicity of it. Great job.

Brewpastor said:
OK, I am liking this idea. Here is one with color in the knot. It is a Celtic Trinity knot. I added the color to also represent grain, water and hops.

brewpastorstrinitylabel.png

What about yeast? :cross:

Back