Short's Brewery - MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
I took a day detour heading to Lollapalooza a few weeks ago to visit Bell's and Founder's. Needless to say these both kicked butt. So I stopped at a local beer store in Grand Rapids to see what they had. I ended up purchasing about 5 different Short's brews in the $180 I quickly ran though. I'll tell you what, I'm not easily impressed by breweries, but these guys seem to have it in order. I've had prob 5 of their beers and they were all solid. Way to go!!:mug:

Short's is great, always good stuff on tap at their brewpub. I really like their huma lupa licious. There is a clone of it on here somewhere that I have been wanting to brew.

Short's is great, always good stuff on tap at their brewpub. I really like their huma lupa licious. There is a clone of it on here somewhere that I have been wanting to brew.

It was one of the ones I got and it was delicious. I think a few years ago in the BYO label contest, maybe 07 or 06, there was a label that reminded me of their Magician label. I would love to go visit, but to justify the LONG additional drive would be hard to do unless I had something else going on up there.

I was up in Michigan a few months ago and went to their brewpub. Amazing stuff, wish I could get it down here.

Short's has been a lurking fave of mine for some time now and was happy when they became available in illinois. They were one of the first and only brewers to run out of beer at the Great Taste last month. Great stuff and a cool story with Short dropping out of college and starting a brewery in is early 20's.

Back