PIttsburgh/Western PA Group Buy #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Payment has been sent! Can't wait to pick up all the goodies! Many exciting brew days on the horizon.

I agree these buys have went very smoothly and everyone has been very great to work with! Lets keep it rolling.

Paypal paid. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Looking forward to pick-up day.

OK folks - I'll send out an email tomorrow, but posting on here first (I'm lazy ;)).

If you have the choice between doing pick-up on Saturday 1/26 or Saturday 2/2, which would you prefer? I'm planning to put the grain order in for Monday, so it *should* be here by next Friday. However, the Group Buy #3 guys know how that worked out (hint: it didn't).

So all things being equal I'd recommend 2/2, but I'm up for either depending on everyone's availability. Let me know!

Thanks,
Kyle

Either is fine for me as long as I can pick up in the morning. 8-9 ish.

well folks,
yakima valley hops shipped the hops to brewguyver instead of me even though i clarified it with them several times. so that puts a wrench in things. i prefer the 2/2 date as i don't have to work that day. maybe i can get there early to break the hops down then. i'm close to 50 miles away from brewguyver.

dwoods said:
My nephews 1st birthday is on the 2nd and we're tapping a Wee Heavy I brewed the day he was born.

That's a good reason not to come down on 2/2. I hope to have the grain by Friday, so if you can come to Pittsburgh on Friday night/Saturday morning then I can get you your grain. You'll have to help me weigh out your splits though.

All - the "official" date for the pickup will be Saturday February 2nd. Look for an official invite to come out tomorrow.

Also, I just confirmed that we can use The Brew House's gallery space again to do some tailgating, beer swapping, etc. I'll have a Pliney the Younger clone that *should* be ready then, a bottle of lacto infected dogfish punkin' (it was good last time I tried it ...) and maybe a growler of something random.

Hanging out not required, but it's definitely an option

GREAT experience! Thanks for all the hard work brewguyver and Coyoye68. I hope everything turned out well and as mentioned I will look into the other hop supplier.

P.S. Kyle thanks for the bags and scale for the splits. I will be better organized next time.

TheHunk said:
GREAT experience! Thanks for all the hard work brewguyver and Coyoye68. I hope everything turned out well and as mentioned I will look into the other hop supplier.

P.S. Kyle thanks for the bags and scale for the splits. I will be better organized next time.

Dont forget hophead - he figured out all the invoices (and brought the get out of jail free Nelson Sauvin beers). Looking forward to it being warmer and doing an actual group brew!

Those who work behind the scenes never get the credit they deserve. Thanks hophead!

Thank you to everyone who made this group buy a success. It was great meeting all of you.

thanks for hookin this all up. had a good time drinking beers with everyone.

Quick post for all those waiting on the next group buy

- I'm planning on opening up the next list in early March

- I'm looking for someone with web dev skills (PHP, ruby, etc.) who's interested in collaborating on a simple group buy "shopping cart." Concept is pretty simple, but I don't have time to do it myself. It would really help with the organization, pallet tracking, and invoicing aspects. Goal would be to have it up by group buy 6.

i'm new to group buys as i just get all my stuff from lhbs so would someone be able to show me the ropes? i checked the stickies and read the first page of this but i'm a littl confused. is there a catalog and/or spreadsheet of what's available to purchase?

When the new grain buy thread comes up post on it. By posting your info you will receive an email with a grain catalog and then a link to a spreadsheet that you can enter the grains you wish to purchase. You can buy full bags (50 - 55 lb) and/or you can buy partial bags (splits) of specialty grains. Hope that helps.

I am so glad this exists. Thanks for making this happen! I'm psyched for the next one.:rockin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back