Chest freezer modification help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richy_23

Reaction score
I have a 600l tank of cider that I want to chill to 1 to 2 degrees. If I use a chest freezer and small transfer pump from freezer which will contain a bucket full with glycol and water , circulation around the dimple plate jacket of the tank. Will this work providing I use short suction and delivery hoses. Have the pump sucking from the bottom of the bucket of glycol and pushing the return warm glycol by gravity back into the top of the bucket I know it mat be slow but is there any reason it would,nt work?

Is cider still liquid at 1-2 deg?

I think the concept is sound, however I'm not sure if the system will be sufficient to cool that big of a volume of liquid to 1-2 deg. Sans doing some math or someone else chiming in with some experience on the subject, you could consider building a non-permanent, small, test rig to try to get a feel for how the glycol keeps up to you're planned flow rate.

Latest posts

Back