Transporting unfetmented wert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastjake1234

Reaction score
I'm brewing this weekend about 2 hours from my house is it ok to cap the Carboy without adding yeast till I get home the next day

I don't have a scientific answer for you, but if it were me I would probably just go ahead an pitch the yeast. I don't think it would hurt to do either, though...

I'd pitch the yeast too. We do this all the time on AHA big brew days, and group brews- travelling with our brews after brewing. Just consider any sloshing extra oxygentaion. Just use a regular airlock.

If I pitch the yeast saturday afternoon I'm no leaving till Sunday morning wouldn't fermentation started already and should let it start or should I pitch before I leave Sunday

If I pitch the yeast saturday afternoon I'm no leaving till Sunday morning wouldn't fermentation started already and should let it start or should I pitch before I leave Sunday

In that case pitch before you leave unless you're making a huge beer. With big beers it is recommended that you give more oxygen within 24 hours.

But if it's normal grav, pitch in the morning or before you leave.

I see this as an opportunity to fully mix in your yeast with no effort required! :)

Back