Help with Ball Lock Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarsonLE

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am new to kegging, and I am trying to sanitize my keg before filling it up with some yummy stout. I have my connections all right, I know the keg is pressurized, however I'm having trouble getting the sanitized solution to dispense out. When I take the ball lock thing off the liquid out and press my thumb into the little tiny hole, liquid does come out, so I know it functions properly. Just how do I get solution to come out when I press my down on the party tap thing.

Here's a picture.

keg.jpg

Nevermind, I see the issue. I somehow lost the thing that screws into the plastic piece. Am I going to have to order a replacement online or does someone know if Walmart/Lowes will have the part?

So, am I looking at the inside of a liquid quick disconnect then? If so, you're probably missing the lid, post, cap, spring and probably the lid o-ring.

You're not going to find anything like that at Lowes/Home Depot/K-Mart/Wally World/Ace Hardware...

Cheers!

Something looks very wrong with your liquid connect...looks like the top is missing and it has been gutted.

Not sure you even buy parts...even from a home brew store...and the entire connect is about $6 or $8...I'd get on line and get out the credit card! :)

Something looks very wrong with your liquid connect...looks like the top is missing and it has been gutted.

Not sure you even buy parts...even from a home brew store...and the entire connect is about $6 or $8...I'd get on line and get out the credit card! :)

Yep did that yesterday. I am sad that I won't be able to drink my kegged stout until the part arrives.

Quick question, I put my regulator at 10 psi, how long will it take to carbonate the beer? I have the beer in the fridge at around 40-42 degrees.

LarsonLE can you please show me a picture of the part you were trying to put the disconnect on? I just want to make sure it is not a pinlock as the lid suggests. That might explain why your connect was damaged.

Back