What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing a side-by-side comparison of these two. The Yeti is much more intense. Extreme bitterness, dark fruit, sweet chocolate, coffee, hoppy. The Old Rasputin is much less intense. Coffee, chocolate, little to no hop flavor, but some hop aroma. It has a much cleaner taste to it (I assume because of the yeast and/or fermentation temp). Between the two I'm gonna have to pick the yeti as my favorite. When it comes to imperial stouts, the more intense the better. I still consider Oskar Blues Ten Fidy to be my favorite imperial stout still. I haven't found anything better yet.

I'm noticing that great divides beers all have the same aroma. I don't think it's hops, it's may be their house yeast character, but I'm not sure. It's kinda weird though...

You know what's usually not smart? Starting the night with a 15.31% ABV beer. You know what's also not smart? Following said beer with a 10.4% ABV beer. But I don't care.
Keeping the Avery train rolling with this awesome Imperial IPA.

image-4029802971.jpg

I started off with a British bitter from Goose Island, then went to a Widmere Columbia Common(which I'm not sure if I like yet) and now I'm on to this Widmere Barrel Aged Brrrbon '11 I bought the last one about a month ago. I wish there would have been two of them. Dang this is good.

image-394115093.jpg

Bells stout forget the name started with a k. And another one of my mr.beers it's getting better each week still can't wait for some real home brew tho

1fast636 said:
Bells stout forget the name started with a k. And another one of my mr.beers it's getting better each week still can't wait for some real home brew tho

Kalamazoo?

BrewinHooligan said:
Today has royally sucked, well this whole week has. This beer certainly does not.

Sounds bad to say it, but I'm glad it wasn't just me who had a sucky day and week. Cheers! :)

Ostomo517 said:
Having a New Belgium Dig while I decide which of my goodies from the brewery I wanna crack first. A 32oz howler of Java Mint Stout or howler of Derilicte Pineapple IPA, decisions decisions

Howler? WTF? :p
I vote Java Mint Stout.

Ostomo517 said:
Yeah lol they call thier 32oz take outs howlers and of course the 64oz are growlers.

Ha! That's funny. I thought it was auto correct that changed it to howlers.

Just had a taster of Stone "Enjoy by 4-1-13". Amazing hop aroma and fresh bracing hop taste in this 9.X% Imperial IPA. Very impressive brew!

While I was at it also had a very nice Oud Bruin from Leifman's and a Saison de Lente from The Bruery.

nukebrewer said:
Just got back from poker night. Had four Sixpoint Brownstones and four Sixpoint Autumnations. Very excellent brews.

I was wondering where you were. Welcome back.
;)

Having a Boulevard wheat out of a 16oz aluminum bottle. I'm gonna keep the bottles for my home brew, if my caps fit them.

Back