• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

NEW 30A 240v GFCI Plug-in ready to use cord!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What type of outlet does it use?

The four blade twist lock?

or the straight blade?

7120k11-200x125.gif

Someone need a pre-wired GFCI, plug-n-play, cord for that electric MLT, HLT, BK, countertop brutus 20...?!?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the four blade (with three power blades and one ground) made for three phase power. Not 240 single phase used with an immersion heater element for a home brewery?

LOL, how many of these things did you buy?

I need to upgrade my receptacle (luckily the correct line was already run) and swap out my dryer cord to a 4-prong.

Mine arrived yesterday. Thanks cyber! Man this thing is a freakin beast! The gfci is about 10" long! I can't wait to get it wired up when other components arrive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the four blade (with three power blades and one ground) made for three phase power. Not 240 single phase used with an immersion heater element for a home brewery?

The 4 prong dryer plugs are the new standard. All new construction has the 4 prong outlets for them. Allows the dryer to actually be grounded.

The 4 prong dryer plugs are the new standard. All new construction has the 4 prong outlets for them. Allows the dryer to actually be grounded.
Yeah. I was questioning it because McMaster-Carr described the example I referenced in an earlier post as "four power blades plus one ground." That sounded like three phase to me, but further research showed the dryer application. Looks like the OP has sold his last one. I was able to pick up a similar cord that was three wire, with an in-line GFCI. Makes me wonder about the necessity of using four wire for our application? Does it offer enough, or any additional protection to justify hauling the extra wire around?

The one I bought wasn't cheap. The price the OP sold these for was well worth it.

Yeah. I was questioning it because McMaster-Carr described the example I referenced in an earlier post as "four power blades plus one ground." That sounded like three phase to me, but further research showed the dryer application. Looks like the OP has sold his last one. I was able to pick up a similar cord that was three wire, with an in-line GFCI. Makes me wonder about the necessity of using four wire for our application? Does it offer enough, or any additional protection to justify hauling the extra wire around?

The one I bought wasn't cheap. The price the OP sold these for was well worth it.

These same cords are on ebay for around the same price. I got mine for $70 I think. I did use the ground wire from the plug in my system, I figure a GFCI works by making sure the inflow and outflow of current are the same. If there is an open hot (touching the kettle maybe) and no path to ground then the GFCI won't trip until I touch the kettle. With the ground it will trip. Not a likely scenario as I am very careful with my wiring.

Back