Beer Smith vs. Beer Recipator disagree - Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
For a Weissbier Beer Recipator says 3.5 to 4.5 Columns

Beer Smith says 2.4 to 2.9

Seems like a big difference!!!

Comments?

Don't know where those other sites are pulling their recommended carbonation from though. Quick search of BJCP guidelines doesn't reveal this info to me. Jamil's recipe in Brewing Classic Styles says 2.5 to 3.0 volumes.

If I were you, I'd look around a bit more and see what you can find. Those numbers at those sites seem pretty high, but hell if I know. I don't really brew Weissbier these days.

Well - I had to bottle mine yesterday and wow - it tasted wonderful. Who knows what I'll end up with. I started with 2.5 and then read much higher so thought I was wrong - added more corn sugar to the boil and then read LESS!

So I cooled the very sugary carbing fluid and only used 3/4s of it!! LOL Very scientific!!

Beer Smith has American Wheat at low numbers and German Weissbier at very high numbers!! (if memory serves me correctly). Tasty Brew has 3.8 to 4.6 vols!

Of course AHS just has your default 5oz of Corn Sugar.

This is a Bavarian Hafeweizen so I'm screwed !

Back