Calling Bergen County Home Brewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who's got what entering into the NJ state fair competition? I've got two entries in (one in 23A Specialty Beer and one in 6B Blonde Ale). I could enter more if they took bombers, but they don't.

I'm going to enter a mild and possibly a APA depending on if I can have it ready by the entry deadline.

I'm happy to not be doing up against you in an English style (didn't you have a bitter going to second round?) :) I *may* have an APA in as well. It'll be down to the wire.

Yeah my ESB made it to the second round. Unfortunately when I rebrewed it for the final round I was in a rush and not thinking I cold crashed it with the blow off tube still attached. About a half gallon of star San got sucked back into the fermenter. It was too late to rebrew it again so I just had to dump it. I'll never make that mistake again!

Looks liKe the nj state fair comp is filled up already. That's what I get for procrastinating... I'll have to wait until next year.

A few of my beers have been known to make their way to Bridgewater (my better half has an alternate work location there). Maybe we'll have to meet up sometime for a swap!

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone here had 2 used - 5gal pin lock cornelius kegs for cheap or I could borrow with a deposit? Please let me know if you can help me out. I really need them ASAP. PLEASE HELP!

blakelyc said:
A few of my beers have been known to make their way to Bridgewater (my better half has an alternate work location there). Maybe we'll have to meet up sometime for a swap!

Sure send me a msg if you're in the neighborhood.

Anyone need any aged hops? I had to buy a full pound of aged whole-leaf (unknown variety) from hops direct for a lambic project. Only 3 ounces required, and I am more than happy to give away the rest.

Hi all
New to the forums and live in Bergen County. Been wanting to get into home brewing for quite some time now. These forums seem like a great place to start. I have a Mr. Beer kit that my wife got for me some time ago to experiment with. Will see how that goes :)

Hi all
New to the forums and live in Bergen County. Been wanting to get into home brewing for quite some time now. These forums seem like a great place to start. I have a Mr. Beer kit that my wife got for me some time ago to experiment with. Will see how that goes :)

Hey nvnj,

Looks like we're neighbors ( I live in closter) Good luck with your adventure into home brewing! It's an awesome hobby. Stick around HBT and you'll learn a ton!

I am in Bergenfield, and I have become only a little bit addicted to the chicken Milanese sandwich at farmhouse cafe in cresskill. Or maybe the Reuben. Or maybe the brisket.

Suffice it to say, that place is tasty and BYO, so I do find myself in cresskill somewhat frequently :). Maybe a meetup there for some brew swapping?

-b

after looking at that menu and pictures, i'd love to meet up at that place for some beers and sandwiches

Anyone wanna set something up for either this weekend, or next week? I'll be around the whole time, so am flexible. If we do that place in creskill we should each bring a few bottles to share. If that's no good, maybe we can meet up at three wise monks.

Anyone wanna throw out a possible date? I'm pretty available, so can probably make most days. Anyone around this saturday afternoon/evening?

Hi gents! I was at the Farmhouse Cafe last night and spoke with the chef. He said that they'd be happy to host homebrew club events there as long we we're buying a bit of food as well. If we make a regular thing, they'll reserve tables for us. He even went so far as to say that if we wanted to do any events and could supply sample ahead of time (subtle, I know) that he'd create paired food.

Sounds really promising.

I'd be up for meeting at farmhouse cafe in creskill. Maybe an early dinner, like 5 PM grab some grub, share some beers. I've got an IPA that i'd love some help tweaking, Janet's Brown which i think is pretty decent, and a witbier i just tapped that's not bad. If each of us brings a few beers we'd be pretty set.

I'll be at the Barclays both Saturday and Sunday so I won't be around this weekend, but am interested in meeting up. I have a Pliny the Elder clone which I feel is excellent and would like some feed back on soon.

Is anyone else going to home brewer's night at the Dog & Cask in Paramus? I threw together a quick entry that is just okay, but I figure it could be a fun event.

It is on the 25th, I think at 7pm. I talked to the GM, and evidently they want to make a regular thing of it. May be a good spot to run club meetings out of :)

So Johnny and I both poured beers at that Dog & Cask event. Great fun, and a really great crowd! We were talking about making that the base for a north jersey club if it can be worked out with the bar manager. Maybe once a month or so. Is anyone else interested? I think if we can pick a regular day/time it should be easier to plan. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back