What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada Narwhal imperial stout. Very good beer.

image-633388755.jpg

nukebrewer said:
I keep seeing this mentioned here and I want to try it but for the life of me can't find it here in CT. I think I'll try my go to spot for hard to find beer tomorrow.

I'm definitely in to it. Kind of on the pricey for me at $8.99 for a 4 pack having never tried it, but after trying it I will definitely buy it again.

I'm employed, but not very well. The gubmint don't pay much to us enlisted folk. At least not until you get into the upper ranks. Well enough to buy good beer and brew on a regular basis, I suppose. But that's really only because I can save a bunch of money when I go on deployment.

I've been as of late drinking quite a lot of Flying Dog's, somehow my local shop in Wales brings them over. Pearl Necklace is brilliant. Also drinking plenty of Otley, Tiny Rebel (Foobar is nice, light and sharp), and Sainsbury's IPA which is brewed by Marstons. I don't know if you get that in the US, but it's a bit as if Walmart had a cheap IPA in generic labeling but brewed by Sierra Nevada... Also the occasional Belgian ale.

I have an elder over and enjoying it!! This one it's preaching what I want to hear..lol..
Edit: BTW, that's a soured Saison farmhouse there in the background.. its 8 months old and the pellicle fell so I pulled it out for a taste.. it's a little tart but no sourness has developed yet..

ForumRunner_20121117_132804.jpg

image-2387592351.jpg

Sierra Nevada Tumbler. It's good, nowhere near as good as the Cigar City Maduro though.

image-1257960080.jpg

Cigar City Jai-alai. I forgot how good this beer is. The aroma is amazing. Going to pick up a couple of the Humidor series Jai-alai's next time.

Is that any good? Every time I see it I get about a half second away from grabbing it and then decide not to.

Also, I <3 your avatar
I'm not sure if the bottle I had was mistreated/past its prime or if it simply didn't live up to word of mouth. Overall, for me, it fell a little flat. I was expecting something a bit bolder. It's the first bottle of beer I've had, Belgian or otherwise, dispense large, grotesque rafts of yeast into my glass. I've seen that kinda stuff in a carboy, never a bottle.

image-3630112336.jpg

Left Hand 400 Pound Monkey. I don't think I have ever had an English IPA, with that being said, this is a very balanced beer. I am getting bitter orange and breast malts, pretty good beer considering the lack of aroma.

The AHS "Smokin' Hot Blonde" that I brewed in July. One of my favorites, and a nice way to wrap-up a brew day. :)

allenH said:
Left Hand 400 Pound Monkey. I don't think I have ever had an English IPA, with that being said, this is a very balanced beer. I am getting bitter orange and breast malts, pretty good beer considering the lack of aroma.

Breast malts? I'll have to look for that at the LHBS. :)

Back