Doing something Different today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAREEBROWNBEEST said:
It's done. Been a few days and it's not moving anymore. It's about .995. My starting was 1.072.
1.072-0.995=0.077x130=10.01:)
Tastes like sour grapes at this juncture. I plan on back sweeting with more grape juice concentrate, then bottling.

image-1509383890.jpg

My FG

That has an awesome color. I'm really interested to see how this turns out. Just hope you do a better job halting the yeast than I did with my caramel apple cider. Stupid thing decided to ferment again and dried up any sweetness I had added. I've essentially got a gallon of a dry apple chardonnay.

Wow did it happen in the bottles or in its secondary? I have mine cold crashing right now and last night I went to check on it and the airlock was slowly bubbling even in the fridge. I thought it was done, it must be something else going on. I plan on bottling this weekend.

Wow did it happen in the bottles or in its secondary? I have mine cold crashing right now and last night I went to check on it and the airlock was slowly bubbling even in the fridge. I thought it was done, it must be something else going on. I plan on bottling this weekend.

It happened in my tertiary fermenter. I racked it a total of 3 times and it still had some muscle. When I made damn sure it was done, I bottled. FORGET about carbing it....I didn't want to even consider the bombs.

image-626356754.jpg

image-2752027908.jpg

The fruits of my labor. My "hooch" if you will.
Told you I was going to be honest about the taste, well I wouldn't do it again, to sweet, I prefer apple over grape, but it is definitely drinkable and tastes like a cheap wine. I will for sure be giving some of this away, chicks might dig it? Oh well I tried something different and now I know;)

I agree with aging.... Don't give it away, put it in the back of your fridge and forget about it. Do some other brews and let this mellow. Break it out in a year and try it. If its still hooch, then give it away...

Don't know what's going on but my hooch isn't carbing up. It's been out for three days now and no carbing going on.

So it finally kicked into carb mode. I guess it was to cool outside, I brought it in the garage and it's a bit warmer in there and it's carbing up fine.

Hey I just realized you're from Ventura. 805 represent... Ojai is my hometown, and I have family in Ventura and Camarillo. :) Too bad about that one brew store, Mr. Suds or what have you, closing down.

Yep Ventura. There is that beer fest/carshow in Camarillo this weekend, I might check it out.

Did you end up going? Oh and have you been to that place in downtown that has 100 taps? My buddy went and said it was pretty cool. What about that brewery that is by the Habit? Sorry for the :off: by the way

keesh said:
Did you end up going? Oh and have you been to that place in downtown that has 100 taps? My buddy went and said it was pretty cool. What about that brewery that is by the Habit? Sorry for the :off: by the way

Are you talking about barrel house 101? Heard about but haven't gone yet. I worked on surf brewery but haven't gone there yet either. You know, busy life.

Are you talking about barrel house 101? Heard about but haven't gone yet. I worked on surf brewery but haven't gone there yet either. You know, busy life.

Yeah I think that is what it is called. If I am in the area I will check it out and let you know how it is :)

So this is pretty funny, I gave a few of these away to friends and they love them. My wife had two yesterday and she thinks it's my best brew yet;) to each his own I guess.

image-3884839620.jpg

Well I'm down to my last bit of "purple drink"! I plan on saving the 22 oz. bottles of drink as long as I can resist (not to hard, it's not that good). I plan on starting a 5 gallon regular old reliable cider sometime next week, can't wait.

Back