Best brew book for receipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmanj

Reaction score
i have recently got my AG system up and running smoothly. i thrw together a few receipes of my own but i looking for an endless book of delicous receipes. does anyone have any suggestions for reading material? i am looking for a book that will take me years to brew through. thanks!

best book? Why not just look on HBT? :)

Papazian's books have a ton of recipes that are good. or check out clone brews. you can even Google for specific recipes if you're stuck.

I'm a big fan of Beer Captured, since I like starting with clone recipes so I have an idea of what I'm working with.

Brewing Classic Styles is awesome. I also enjoyed Charlie's The Complete joy of Homebrewing and The Homebrewers Companion.

HBT is also awesome!

Clone Brews
Beer Captured

Both are great books by by Tess Szamatulski and Mark Szamatulski. They include an extract recipe, and how to turn it into either Minimash or All Grain. they also give great tips on serving, as well as other helpfull hints spacific to that beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clone Brews
Beer Captured

Both are great books by by Tess Szamatulski and Mark Szamatulski. They include an extract recipe, and how to turn it into either Minimash or All Grain. they also give great tips on serving, as well as other helpfull hints spacific to that beer.

Clone Brews is not really AG friendly. Every recipe gives an exact extract recipe, then will say later to "add 36% more IBUs for an AG recipe", or similar languate. Come on -- why not just do the math for me. Since AG seems to be an afterthought, I don't trust the recipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brewing Classic Styles. It gives a descriptive and technical overview of each style and a recipe or two for the style. Jamil provides extract, PM, and AG versions of each recipe. I like the book because it give a baseline for each style that I can tweak and customize. I don't use any other recipe book.

Back