Packaging Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstonhops

Reaction score
being in the second year of hop growing, we are looking into the best way of packaging. any help? also, what are the differences in wet hopping versus dry hopping? thanks!

Take your hops and place them on a screen or something that you can blow air through. I used some left over window screen and blew a fan over them until they were dry. Then I weighed them and Vacuum sealed them and placed them in the freezer. Mine are still fine from last year.

Go and buy a foodsaver, you will want to get the quart size foodsaver bags, cut them in half for 1 oz. packages or use the whole bag for 2 oz packages, and dry them on a window screen as already mentioned, you dont need a fan, but they will dry a little faster, the quart size bags come in a box of 20, so you will be able to vaccum seal 40 oz. of dry hops with that 1 box, good luck.:mug:

use a food saver
stuff in evelope marked to my home address
overnight ship
I will test and give proper feedback

Back